Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: enduro fork seals.com  (Read 1140 times)

Offline stumpy

• Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog 29er
enduro fork seals.com
« on: February 21, 2009, 02:22:33 PM »
anyone ever use enduroforkseals.com for replacement parts? I need to replace my pivot bearings, and soon my fork seals. positive/negative?

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
Re: enduro fork seals.com
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »
Heard good things about their bearings.  Fork seals seem to be a matter of personal preference.  Many fork rebuilders out there state the factory RockShox seals w/foam rings are superior.

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 07:56:14 PM »
I have rebuilt my 888 RC2x with the blue enduro fork seals. They no longer create ANY rings on my stanchions. They take about 20 hours or so to break in and the key to their install is correct direction and lots of grease. I have dealt with the owner personally on a few occasions and he is probably the most helpful and understanding person I have worked with in the online bike industry.

Lastly, if you don't like the stiffness of the blue enduros, I am fairly certain he has a graphite version that is a little more flexible.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Kris

P.S. I just noticed you asked about their bearings. I have purchased the blue enduro and red enduro max bearings through UniversalCycles.com and had good luck with both. The red enduromax have a higher load rating and feel a lot smoother due to a larger number of smaller bearings. The blue bearings have fewer large bearings which tend to get indexed a bit faster than the red. That being said, replacing bearings is a very tedious matter because if you press them wrong....well...use your imagination.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 08:00:48 PM by KRUNNCH »
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline stumpy

• Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog 29er
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 05:16:33 PM »
thanks for the feedback. now I just have to stop procrastinating and get it done.

Advertisement: