SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Yesterday at 07:16:27 PM] mksandoz: broken glass everywhere

[Yesterday at 07:16:44 PM] Darrinw2001: smites are like a badge of honor around here...

[Yesterday at 07:18:11 PM] Skinman: Thats good..thought i was off to a bad start

[Today at 05:51:20 AM] Scott: Good morning lil Swampers, looks like a break in the clouds for an early morning sortie

[Today at 06:18:48 AM] Darrinw2001: good, that means Karlos wont get wet teaching class...

[Today at 07:10:12 AM] chisel: lets go ride in the mud!

[Today at 09:23:12 AM] ProEdgeBiker: GOTTA LOVE THE RAIN!!!

[Today at 09:23:22 AM] ProEdgeBiker: at least my veggies do

[Today at 09:25:23 AM] RyanFDLE: so wheres everyoen going today, was thinking boyette myself

[Today at 06:17:40 PM] FACTORells: the class was fun and informative

[Today at 06:30:32 PM] herc1999: yes it was a good time! 

[Today at 06:31:14 PM] benjibbad: anyone up for a tuesday morning ride?

Advanced search  

News:

Squiggy Classic 6 Hour Mountain Bike Race (Mar 14, 2009), information and results  here. How did you do?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something is missing from Heartbreak Ridge  (Read 3686 times)

Gregg

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Crazed Bunny with limited traction on leaves.
Re: Something is missing from Heartbreak Ridge
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »
It was there one day and then gone the next. Maybe it was a sasquatch that picked it up and pulled it off? It wasn't loose or any thing, just pulled off the next day.

Garry did you get a response? I didn't.
"You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire. Once the flame begins to catch, the wind will blow it higher"

Garry

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2008, 07:08:02 PM »

Nope

Gregg

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2008, 07:11:30 PM »

Nope

I will talk to you more about it later off line.
"You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire. Once the flame begins to catch, the wind will blow it higher"

Alan

• SWAMPer
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2009, 08:07:58 PM »
Next time I'm out there I will JBWeld it back into place.  JBWeld fixes everything.

Slowy

• SWAMPer
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2009, 10:12:57 PM »
OK, so seriously, this is the root that everyone is complaining about? One root was the entire challenge on the trail?

lol  thats what i was thinking when i saw the pic
Joe

"a smite a day keeps the trailbugs away"!

jimn213

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
  • El Enmascarado de Plata
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2009, 10:40:06 PM »
I looked at that root today, it looked like it was done  by underhanded means, I do not believe it to be an act of nature other then human nature...

I looked at it too.  Could have been a combination of things, but some of those roots look like they have been taking a beating.

I also looked at it for a split second as I rode over it today, and yeah, it's gone... ::)
Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world.
- Publilius Syrus (1st guy ever on a mailing list)

JohnnyB

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Habitual Line Stepper
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2009, 08:39:30 AM »
Maybe we can make that tire slicing lime stone disappear next, huh Jim? :D
FrAnKenBiKe V1.0
---------MySpace---------
http://bikesboardsandbeer.blogspot.com/

jimn213

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
  • El Enmascarado de Plata
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2009, 01:26:05 PM »
Well Johnny, if it only cuts your tire every 687th time you ride over it, I guess that's not too bad  :-\

I suppose it was my fault for pointing out how sharp that shizzit is just prior to foolishly riding over it.....
Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world.
- Publilius Syrus (1st guy ever on a mailing list)

JohnnyB

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Habitual Line Stepper
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2009, 03:03:57 PM »
I dunno whether to be more amazed that you count how many rides you take between flat tires, or that you did kinda jinx yourself yesterday  :P

I think your out of "bad joo-joo" for a while now...so ride without fear friend!
FrAnKenBiKe V1.0
---------MySpace---------
http://bikesboardsandbeer.blogspot.com/

LTS guy

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2009, 11:01:37 PM »
OK, so seriously, this is the root that everyone is complaining about? One root was the entire challenge on the trail?

this is what I was about to post..I rode it today, and granted that root being gone makes that one little section marginally easier..but it's not like it just turned HR into a mamsy pamsy trail all of a sudden.

For the record, the hardest parts of the trail, are in perfect order..

Semit-related question..in this thread, was a quote that they have to use roots because there is no terrain. That's not true, there are hills and elevation change all in the park but for whatever reason, we can't or wont build trails on them..whats the deal on that? because if you look off in the brush there are more than a few rolling hills, that still wouldn't be black diamond hard, but it would offer some kind of interesting terrain.
When you ride so far out that you hear no traffic, no people...nothing..

zen.

Garry

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2009, 11:25:54 PM »

Semi-related question..in this thread, was a quote that they have to use roots because there is no terrain. That's not true, there are hills and elevation change all in the park but for whatever reason, we can't or wont build trails on them..whats the deal on that? because if you look off in the brush there are more than a few rolling hills, that still wouldn't be black diamond hard, but it would offer some kind of interesting terrain.
We are restricted by SWFTMD as to trails that are allowed to be added.  It took some time and convincing to cut in Panther.  There is very little elevation change to speak of at Wilderness Trails.

Redriderpro

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2009, 09:56:35 AM »

Dear root killer... (whoever you are)

I'm hate you! Not becuase you may have actually removed something that made HBR interesting.But becuase had you removed just one unimportant root that no one would
have ever missed on the new trail going west from Indian near the powerline. I would have not broken my leg. Just got the Hospitial bill yesterday.. Holy #$%! $50,000.00!
(Insurance is a really good thing to have if you happen to ocasionally bail off like a spode)

Ps. If you would like to redeam yourself and maybe save someone else ( if there's another living sole that could actually fall off there) a lot of pain and money.

Go find Dave and ask him to show you where that nasty body breaking root is and REMOVE THAT SUCKER!

Gregg

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2009, 12:09:53 PM »

Semi-related question..in this thread, was a quote that they have to use roots because there is no terrain. That's not true, there are hills and elevation change all in the park but for whatever reason, we can't or wont build trails on them..whats the deal on that? because if you look off in the brush there are more than a few rolling hills, that still wouldn't be black diamond hard, but it would offer some kind of interesting terrain.
We are restricted by SWFTMD as to trails that are allowed to be added.  It took some time and convincing to cut in Panther.  There is very little elevation change to speak of at Wilderness Trails.

In fact the cutting of Panther was only approved because it was sold as a reroute of an existing trail. When you see new cuts there you will see that they are only intended to reroute, not to add trails.

Garry

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2009, 12:51:18 PM »

In fact the cutting of Panther was only approved because it was sold as a reroute of an existing trail. When you see new cuts there you will see that they are only intended to reroute, not to add trails.

Absolutely true - there are no new trails approved at Wilderness Trails, only reroutes of problem trails.  My reference as to "added trails" seemed like "new trails" was an incorrect verbiage.

Gregg

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2009, 09:00:40 PM »

Absolutely true - there are no new trails approved at Wilderness Trails, only reroutes of problem trails.  My reference as to "added trails" seemed like "new trails" was an incorrect verbiage.

As long as you have it right now! ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 19 queries.