Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Hailes trail ride 3/07/09  (Read 1810 times)

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
Hailes trail ride 3/07/09
« on: February 26, 2009, 09:23:14 AM »
I am heading up to Gainsville to preride Hailes trail March 7 which is next Saturday and have room for a couple of riders if anyone wants to tag along. This trail is on private property and is open only twice a year, 3/07 and 08 for the 1st SERC race and later in late Summer for one of the FSC races. From what info I can find this a shortish 5 mile or so loop that is supposed to be similar to the old Razorback trail with lots of ups and downs. Depending on how long we spend at Hailes, a side trip to Tung Nut at San Felasco maybe on the menu since we are in the neighborhood. Hope to roll out of the Lutz area around 7 A.M. If you want to go or have any input on the trail makeup at Hailes please pipe in :)

Offline Harvey

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
Re: Hailes trail ride 3/07/09
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 10:49:01 AM »
Though short, it's a really great trail. Well worth the drive the 2 weekends a year it's open.

Offline billnye

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • (crazy unicycle)
  • My Bike: 24x3 KH uni w/ 2spd Schlumpf hub
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 12:06:31 PM »
If my bikin' buddies aren't heading that way I'm way tempted to tag along with you guys... bike rack got room for a unicycle? We were out there for last summer's pre-ride, and it was a blast.  Razorbackish is a good description given the quarry pit.

billnye
John M

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2016 Scott Genius 740
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 12:33:31 PM »
Wonder why the property owner doesn't have you sign a waiver or something, charge and entrance fee, and let people with the proper paperwork ride at least during certain days of the week or month ? Do they still have to carry a ton of insurance even if you fill out the proper paper work? I guess they may not want people on their property at all hours of the week but it seems like a cash cow waiting to be tapped into. I raced dirtbikes a few years ago and there were a few property owners in Ga who did this very thing. They opened up a few days a month for racing/riding and you could even schedule the trails for a private ride at a decent $$

Just asking cause this is the second place I've heard of that is awesome but not open to the regular rides. Is the owner a mtb'r or did people originally poach his land to build these trails?
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 12:41:20 PM »
There is a $5 fee to ride, I'm sure there is a waiver too. I am driving a 4 door Tacoma John so I think we can squeeze the uni in somewhere :)

Offline BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 12:46:44 PM »
Wonder why the property owner doesn't have you sign a waiver or something, charge and entrance fee, and let people with the proper paperwork ride at least during certain days of the week or month ?

My guess is that is just isn't worth the hassle.  Razorback and Hardrock were never that crowded on a regular weekend so I doubt it is really worth the effort.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline obloguy

• First Bike
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 08:18:42 PM »
Though short, it's a really great trail. Well worth the drive the 2 weekends a year it's open.

Harvey,
I would like to hook up with ya bro for this weekend and willing to split hotel expense if you are interested.
I have lost alot of fitness and only ride singlespeed on and off road so i am not totally serious in racing as i once was.
Let me know Harvey.
J-Lo.

Offline Harvey

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 09:02:56 PM »
I'll probably be rooming with Nucc but we can get a cot. Splitting the cost 3 ways is even cheaper!

Offline obloguy

• First Bike
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 09:10:08 PM »
I'll probably be rooming with Nucc but we can get a cot. Splitting the cost 3 ways is even cheaper!

Luv thee nuk!
Let him no that i am seriouse!
Thanks harvey.
I would gladley split the cost.
J-L0.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 09:12:32 PM by obloguy »

Offline Harvey

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 12:24:50 PM »
Latest plan is that I'm gonna split my room with someone else, but I'm sure Nucc will be game to split one with you.

Luis

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 01:19:59 PM »
Quote from: obloguy link=topic=3705.msg34762#msg34762
I have lost alot of fitness [/quote

Translation: I will still rip the legs off 99% of the riders out there... what's up J-lo  ;)

Offline obloguy

• First Bike
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 05:20:16 PM »
Latest plan is that I'm gonna split my room with someone else, but I'm sure Nucc will be game to split one with you.

Update, I have been suffering with another work related injurie ( ripped tendons in my right shoulder) for over 3 months and the pain will not go away. Dammit!
Tell Nuke that i am a no show.
Thanks.

Advertisement: