Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: First Boyette ride today  (Read 1717 times)

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
First Boyette ride today
« on: March 05, 2009, 09:36:03 PM »
Hey guys, did my first ride at Boyette today -- great trail system.  Did Loch Ness -> Gator Pit -> Golf Cart -> Canyon -> North Abyss -> Sidewinder -> Swamp Thing -> Ridgeline -> Swamp Thing -> Garry's Loop -> Woods Trail -> East Meadow -> Spur -> Spider Berm -> Randy's Trail -> West Meadow -> Baby Nessie -> Inner Loch Ness --> parking lot.

Highlights:
- North Abyss.  Great trail.  Love that kind of track.
- Ridgeline.  Non-stop excitement.
- Garry's Loop.  Tough little trail, with some sections that really challenge the riders speed/control abilities.
- Baby Nessie.  This trail is really short, but I liked it so much I did it twice!

Get out there if you haven't already!

Offline trauma_alert

• First Bike
Re: First Boyette ride today
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 09:39:12 PM »
Man you missed South Abyss, one of my favorites. Sounds like a great ride though.

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 09:41:14 PM »
Man you missed South Abyss, one of my favorites. Sounds like a great ride though.
Yeah, I debated on whether to do it this trip or not, but I wanted to head down and catch Ridgeline and Garry's Loop and decided to do the clockwise thing.  After how much I enjoyed North Abyss, I'll be sure and hit it next time!

Offline Meerkat Surprise

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 07:23:53 AM »
Yeah, I debated on whether to do it this trip or not, but I wanted to head down and catch Ridgeline and Garry's Loop and decided to do the clockwise thing.

It's totally worth the little extra trip back down the two-track to get your clockwise loop back in order. It sends you to Pandemonium too, which is another not to miss. Before the addition of Ridgeline, SA was easily my favorite trail out there.

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 08:25:30 AM »
Yeah, Boyette ROCKS :o I like to ride that N and S Abyss loop a couple times before breaking out to Pandemonium then working my way to Side Winder and Ridgeline. It don't get much better than that :)

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »
Here's some of the trails: http://www.facebook.com/v/70283866457

<object width="576" height="384" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/70283866457" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/70283866457" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="576" height="384"></embed></object>
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 01:25:07 PM by ProEdgeBiker »

Advertisement: