Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: one way trails?  (Read 1944 times)

Offline silentneko

• Clipless Mountain Goat
one way trails?
« on: March 06, 2009, 07:38:05 PM »
before a few injuries this week my wife and I were going to hit up Alafia for the first time this weekend, but it will have to wait. So I was reading "the plunge" topic and it mentioned something about changing to one-way trails.

ok so my question is is Alafia one way? if not I might think twice about bringing my wife out there the first few times. We ride Carter alot and every once in a while someone not in the know will be riding backwards. and a few times.....BAM!....ran right into me coming around a corner, which is a dangerous situation. For those guys who like to try trails backwards RR just started "Wacky Wednesdays" where the whole park rides in the opposite direction. theres a nice big colorful sign at the trailhead telling people.

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
Re: one way trails?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 07:57:32 PM »
I'm fairly certain the only trails that aren't one-way at Alafia are the green trails (River Loop and Sandpine)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 08:20:40 PM »
I'm fairly certain the only trails that aren't one-way at Alafia are the green trails (River Loop and Sandpine)
At Alafia - River Loop. Rock Garden, and Sandpine.  Boyette is likely going to have to go that as well.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 08:26:24 PM »
At Alafia - River Loop. Rock Garden, and Sandpine.  Boyette is likely going to have to go that as well.

The first part of Bridges is 2-way also isn't it?
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:08:17 PM »

I think it was at one point, but that changed?  Maybe Art can shed some light on that when he gets back.

Offline LTS guy

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 03:24:03 PM »
all that aside, i like the RR's idea about a backwards day....sounds fun, considering most trails ride completely different in reverse it would effectively double our trail "fun" factor. lol
Maybe one day a month at each of the SWAMP maintained trails. ;)
When you ride so far out that you hear no traffic, no people...nothing..

zen.

Offline Court

• First Bike
  • My Bike: Specialized Rockhopper Expert 29er 1x9
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 11:26:19 AM »
My cousin in Georgia told me the local trails are all one-way, but they change the direction on different days of the week.  I like that idea.
-Court
-Court

Offline bradluke0

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 11:45:48 AM »
Hi all !  I always thought having the trails one way was a great idea . Changing directions every week or two would be another great idea.

Offline jbennardo

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: 2010 Giant XTC29er1
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 12:30:43 PM »
Makes no difference to me, I'm slow no matter which direction I ride them. :D

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 02:19:59 PM »

Bridges is one way from the first bridge all of the way through to the end of the whoops.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 03:03:31 PM »

Bridges is one way from the first bridge all of the way through to the end of the whoops.

I know that, that is why I said the first part, ya know, the one Gatorback and Shelly's Loop are off of? That is still 2 way last I knew.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 12:15:14 AM »

I know that, that is why I said the first part, ya know, the one Gatorback and Shelly's Loop are off of? That is still 2 way last I knew.

sorry, i was confused...... that is 2 way................

Advertisement: