Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Pits area  (Read 2767 times)

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Pits area
« on: March 15, 2009, 10:35:05 PM »
Rode the Withlacoochee paved trail this afternoon up to the 8 mile bailout, and headed into the pits area.  Came across this little gem of a trail that I somehow missed previously.  Great trail.  Any others like it hiding up in the pits area?

Offline Meerkat Surprise

• Amateur Billy Goat
Re: Pits area
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 08:29:46 AM »
I'm sure there are some others out there that you haven't come across yet, but half the fun is finding them. Cherry Bomb Ridge is one of my favorites, though.

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 09:19:05 AM »
I also found another no-name trail option earlier in my ride from the 8MI bailout over to the pits, where there was a *serious* drop after going over a roller if you took the left trail option (good for me I always scout new trails ahead of time on foot before bombing over them).  It had way too many leaves on it, and was way too sandy for me to give it a try -- I don't like sand on steep drops.   :D

naked indian

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 09:31:46 AM »
I also found another no-name trail option earlier in my ride from the 8MI bailout over to the pits, where there was a *serious* drop after going over a roller if you took the left trail option (good for me I always scout new trails ahead of time on foot before bombing over them).  It had way too many leaves on it, and was way too sandy for me to give it a try -- I don't like sand on steep drops.   :D

Doing a little primitive camping in croom on saturday.

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 10:53:53 AM »
Nice, Croom is the place for that!  Going to do it on top of Sugar Mtn?  How did the Alafia SS Gatorback festival go yesterday?  Did you make it over?

naked indian

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 10:58:46 AM »
Nice, Croom is the place for that!  Going to do it on top of Sugar Mtn?  How did the Alafia SS Gatorback festival go yesterday?  Did you make it over?

Nah I put a couple of post up asking if  anyone was gonna be there, because of the race on Saturday.  And no one responded so I just didnt go.

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 11:08:56 AM »

Ah, ok.  I think Catman and Ubermensch were looking for you.  I couldn't break out until after 2pm, otherwise I would have gone!

naked indian

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 11:12:18 AM »

Ah, ok.  I think Catman and Ubermensch were looking for you.  I couldn't break out until after 2pm, otherwise I would have gone!

Ya if I would have known that someone was going to make it I would have gone... next time I reckon!

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 11:18:33 AM »
Wow, looks like we both missed a good one:  http://www.swampclub.org/smf/index.php/topic,3780.0.html

Advertisement: