Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Squiggy Pictures  (Read 7523 times)

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Squiggy Pictures
« on: March 16, 2009, 09:34:03 AM »
We had a profession photographer out on the course. You may have seen him as you zoomed by him.

He took 1800 pictures and is currently sorting through them. As soon as they are ready I will post their link on the E-group and the Swamp Forum.

I have seen a few of the pictures and they are very good. Bare with us we will have them up soon.

If you choose to purchase any pictures from them,  a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Friends of the County Parks, and the Wilderness Trails association .

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: Squiggy Pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 10:04:20 AM »
Are you refering to Brad Styron?  (http://bradstyron.smugmug.com/gallery/7605251_FedWb#491750256_LKnkX)

$50 per pic for download??  Outch!  There were at least 4 photographers out there.

Offline LTS guy

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 10:26:36 AM »
512 pictures, and none of me or anyone on my team  :-\ figures.....

I even posed when the photog sitting at the end of heartbreak ridge, started snapping as I came through...lol so much for trying to entertain myself.

oh and $50 a download is stupid....especially when 80% of the pics he had uploaded had the heads cut off.. :P
When you ride so far out that you hear no traffic, no people...nothing..

zen.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 10:31:23 AM »
Are you refering to Brad Styron?  ([url=http://bradstyron.smugmug.com/gallery/7605251_FedWb#491750256_LKnkX]http://bradstyron.smugmug.com/gallery/7605251_FedWb#491750256_LKnkX[/url])

$50 per pic for download??  Outch!  There were at least 4 photographers out there.

No, I removed his post.... julianne forwarded his information before I could talk to her.

The photographer in the Yellow shirt.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 10:32:43 AM »
512 pictures, and none of me or anyone on my team  :-\ figures.....

I even posed when the photog sitting at the end of heartbreak ridge, started snapping as I came through...lol so much for trying to entertain myself.

oh and $50 a download is stupid....especially when 80% of the pics he had uploaded had the heads cut off.. :P

This WAS NOT the photographer........  I promptly called him and removed the post on the forum.

Offline JohnnyB

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Single Track Mind
  • My Bike: '06 Kona Coiler
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 11:02:52 AM »
I found one pic of me! 
FrAnKenBiKe V2.0 - Payed Forward

http://bikesboardsandbeer.blogspot.com/

Offline tricked919

• First Bike
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 07:29:43 PM »
Are you refering to Brad Styron?  (http://bradstyron.smugmug.com/gallery/7605251_FedWb#491750256_LKnkX)

Where'd you get $50 ?? They are only $10 for 4MB downloads and $20 for the original super hi-res - That's very reasonable. He got some great shots

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 08:01:22 PM »
You must've only looked as of mid morning.  Prior to that he did have them at the high price.  He adjusted it after I started asking him for a discount.

That is when I found out the "official" photographer was no him and that if I buy pics from this other guy, that part of my money will go to Friends of WTA.  So I am waiting patiently for this other guy.  So hurry up Greg.    Brad took some nice shots of me so I might buy his as well.  Let us know soon.  Greg also took over 1000 pics and already posted allt he good ones :-)  No pressure though... lol

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 10:24:13 PM »
You must've only looked as of mid morning.  Prior to that he did have them at the high price.  He adjusted it after I started asking him for a discount.

That is when I found out the "official" photographer was no him and that if I buy pics from this other guy, that part of my money will go to Friends of WTA.  So I am waiting patiently for this other guy.  So hurry up Greg.    Brad took some nice shots of me so I might buy his as well.  Let us know soon.  Greg also took over 1000 pics and already posted allt he good ones :-)  No pressure though... lol

I spoke with him late this afternoon, he thought that he would have them ready by tonight.
The reason it is taking so long is that he is sorting them by number plate, in an effort to help you find your picture(s). He is confident that he got pictures of everyone.

The actual number of pictures taken from the THREE DAY event is over 7000. With 1800 taken from the off road challenge.

Please be patient. Brad, I am sure meant no harm, but this event is intended to have all if any profits donated to the parks and WTA. As an official sponsor Matt and Dawn Lovo will be donating a portion of the proceeds to the park. These funds help maintain the park and help us put on the event.

I am not telling you not to buy from Brad, but please give the sponsor first crack. I have seen the pictures of my team, and they are good pictures. Brad simply showed up and took pictures and put them up for sale. The prices will be reasonable.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 09:13:57 AM »
http://lovopixs.com/gallery/7622048_G2sTT#492910448_HYbdP  Side views not sorted by rider number

http://lovopixs.com/gallery/7630072_Up784#493247013_Bhg6Y    Unknown rider number - bib flipped up, folded back etc

http://lovopixs.com/2009%20Squiggy%20Classic/737643    Root Directory scroll down until you see your number.

These will be linked in the swamp site, and there are still about 600 to go.

Offline LTS guy

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 10:17:44 AM »
nice. :D

how is it, I am always making some effed up "gasping" face when they snap the pictures? lol

zen.

Offline jimn213

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: is fast, but I'm not...
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 10:31:52 AM »
how is it, I am always making some effed up "gasping" face when they snap the pictures? lol

There is one like that of me at the start.  I was actually telling some 'dawdlers' 4 abreast in front of me to 'make a hole', so my mouth was open.  LOL
Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world.
- Publilius Syrus (1st guy ever on a mailing list)

Offline bradstyron

• First Bike
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 10:36:43 AM »
Hey swampers, I want to let everyone know that I had no idea that Matt Lovo has sponsored the event and they are donating $$ to the club/trails. My photos are no longer available for purchase.

I was around the event all day and no one informed me about Matt shooting the event.

I would be happy to help out by donating decals, banners, photos...etc.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 12:11:45 PM »
nice. :D

This just a guess, but maybe................Just maybe..................your gasping alot? ;)

Offline LTS guy

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 01:23:08 PM »
HEY! I represent that!...wait.

lol, I believe you're on to something there.

zen.

Advertisement: