Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Boyette 6:00pm Wednesday  (Read 1521 times)

moleminiman

Boyette 6:00pm Wednesday
« on: March 25, 2009, 08:45:26 AM »
There is a group of us riding boyette at 6:00 if anyone wants to join.

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2016 Scott Genius 740
Re: Boyette 6:00pm Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 08:57:52 AM »
These days you can't forget to mention if you're riding SS, SS full rigid, SS 29'rs, SS 26'rs or just regular old mountain bikes.

Almost forgot cyclecross. Still haven't really figured out what exactly that is. ;D

Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 09:02:04 AM »
we need lights?
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 09:09:39 AM »
These days you can't forget to mention if you're riding SS, SS full rigid, SS 29'rs, SS 26'rs or just regular old mountain bikes.

I'll ride whatever just to get out of this box.

we need lights?

???  Bob, I thought you are out the country.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 12:39:38 PM »
we need lights?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is a figment of my imagination......isn't it?

naked indian

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 12:54:02 PM »

Almost forgot cyclecross. Still haven't really figured out what exactly that is. ;D

a cyclocross is like a road bike.  BUT, the gears are a little smaller, for example.  a regular road crank will have a large chainring in the 52 to 54 range where as a cross large chainring is 48.  The rear cassette is gear down just a little as well.  The frames are slightly different a lil slacker to account for the quicker turning required when off roading and the bars drops usually flare out a little more then on a road bike.  Finally the tires are knobby, not smooth..  Makes for a fun time.  I have never been a real cyclocrosser personally as I have never raced a cyclocross race.  But I did do  many MTB races with my cross bike, just for fun!  I love my cross bike, I love my bikes to be able to go anywhere and do anything.  I dont like to pigeon hole the functionality of my rides.

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2016 Scott Genius 740
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 02:51:36 PM »
What is so different about the race course that it requires you to use something other than a mtb?
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

naked indian

Re: Cross discussion...
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »
What is so different about the race course that it requires you to use something other than a mtb?

I think its tradition.  Cross is been around many, many  more years then MTBing has.  It has its roots in Europe and its something the roadies did in the off season to stay in shape.

However, a cross bike has bigger gears so in theory on a cross course, the right cyclocrosser would stomp the right MTBeer only cause he could push a bigger gear and thus go faster in the flats and straights.

Luis

Re: cyclocross
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 02:57:58 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclo-cross

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
Re: Cross discussion...
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 03:08:03 PM »

I think its tradition.  Cross is been around many, many  more years then MTBing has.  It has its roots in Europe and its something the roadies did in the off season to stay in shape.

However, a cross bike has bigger gears so in theory on a cross course, the right cyclocrosser would stomp the right MTBeer only cause he could push a bigger gear and thus go faster in the flats and straights.

I want to get a hold of one but riding on my rigidniner already beats me up with florida's roots. I had only seen one rider at Boyette riding with a UBC jersey, he said he usually rides all of the Abyss :o .

Though crossbike will be perfect at Croom and Santos (except parts of vortex).

Advertisement: