Author Topic: croom camping  (Read 4729 times)

Online E90X + 1.1.11

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
Re: croom camping
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2009, 07:38:24 AM »
i thought maybe we would cut open a deer and crawl inside.

they are very comfortable and roomy and it has this kick ass guideline that runs inside that you can hang stuff off of.  You can even sleep on your side.  For insulation in the very cold, that I have slept in, 20 to 30 degrees, I just put a small quilt under me that I bought and could fold very small to ride with, again if you check my pics from January you can see it.
I also have a sleeping bag that I use as well with it.
What I like most is how versatile it is.  It works as a chair, it also works as a tent if your above the tree line or you could use it as a bivy sack if there are no trees, so it kicks the but of any tent out there in that regard.
I just got my Ultra Light yesterday and it is nice.  Got a free scout as well so now the lady and I are ready to start hitting some bikepacking together!

is that hyperlight just stupid over kill?

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2009, 07:45:38 AM »
sounds awesome! Now i need to make it happen. 8)

naked indian

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2009, 08:15:39 AM »
i thought maybe we would cut open a deer and crawl inside.

they are very comfortable and roomy and it has this kick ass guideline that runs inside that you can hang stuff off of.  You can even sleep on your side.  For insulation in the very cold, that I have slept in, 20 to 30 degrees, I just put a small quilt under me that I bought and could fold very small to ride with, again if you check my pics from January you can see it.
I also have a sleeping bag that I use as well with it.
What I like most is how versatile it is.  It works as a chair, it also works as a tent if your above the tree line or you could use it as a bivy sack if there are no trees, so it kicks the but of any tent out there in that regard.
I just got my Ultra Light yesterday and it is nice.  Got a free scout as well so now the lady and I are ready to start hitting some bikepacking together!

is that hyperlight just stupid over kill?

If henessey hammock was my sponsor I would ask for one.  But spending over 200 dollars seemed a bit much for 8 oz savings.  As it was I went with the UL cause it came with a free scout and I needed two tents for me and the WP to start bikepacking.

Luis

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2009, 08:29:11 AM »
Chisel - you're welcome to borrow my Hennessy... Seems like I won't be using it any time soon... let me know.

naked indian

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2009, 08:46:27 AM »
Chisel - you're welcome to borrow my Hennessy... Seems like I won't be using it any time soon... let me know.

Dont do that Luis, you may need it, I got a some "mucaro" friendly routes that I am going to send to you. Aka not bicycling related.

Luis

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2009, 08:52:19 AM »

Dont do that Luis, you may need it, I got a some "mucaro" friendly routes that I am going to send to you. Aka not bicycling related.

I have other shelter options... no biggie.  Chisel let me know if you want it. 

naked indian

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2009, 08:55:33 AM »

I have other shelter options... no biggie.  Chisel let me know if you want it.

Right!  Check your email soon.

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9 and some crappy commuter road bike.
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2009, 10:12:52 AM »

NI - very accomodating :-* :-* :-*

Offline Paintboy

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • Dudes Ride club
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2009, 12:12:24 PM »
factorells
 i`m heaver then you my friend and I sleep very well in a  hammock. A blackbird warbonnet there good up to 300 lbs so get your sh*t together and lets go.

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 01:04:18 PM »
Thanks for the offer Luis. Why no camping or riding for you lately, is something up. ???

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9 and some crappy commuter road bike.
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2009, 01:27:53 PM »
Thanks for the offer Luis. Why no camping or riding for you lately, is something up. ???

He is bleeding ;)

Online E90X + 1.1.11

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2009, 01:58:55 PM »
factorells
 i`m heaver then you my friend and I sleep very well in a  hammock. A blackbird warbonnet there good up to 300 lbs so get your sh*t together and lets go.

yea yea - I know - haha