Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Need chainring bolt help  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Dave In Odessa

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Need chainring bolt help
« on: March 30, 2009, 03:53:45 PM »
I'm converting my Redline Monocog 29er to two chainrings in the front.  What bolts do I need to do this?  I'm looking at Jenson's site, some sets say they are listed for double or triple, some show different lengths, but I want to be sure before I order.

I've talked to a few bike shops about it, of course none have them in stock but can order them, and none have seemed very confident about what exactly I need. 
07 Redline Monocog Flight 29'er 1x9 (The Snot Rocket)
07 Iron Horse Warrior 1.3 (The One That Started It All)

naked indian

Re: Need chainring bolt help
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 03:56:05 PM »
I'm converting my Redline Monocog 29er to two chainrings in the front.  What bolts do I need to do this?  I'm looking at Jenson's site, some sets say they are listed for double or triple, some show different lengths, but I want to be sure before I order.

I've talked to a few bike shops about it, of course none have them in stock but can order them, and none have seemed very confident about what exactly I need.

Man, I would order doubles and triples, since your going to be tinkering indefinetely its not a huge investment either way.  I wish I lived closer I would just tell you to swing by and let you have a look in my parts box. I got chainring bolts out the yin yang.

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 04:02:24 PM »
I have some rather long chainring bolts as well, but I live in Tarpon Springs?
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline Dave In Odessa

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 04:11:23 PM »
Naked Indian, I was just in Debary this past weekend, and will be going back this upcoming weekend.

Krunch, I'm in Odessa, not far from Tarpon at all.  Can you PM me your number so we can try to set something up? 

This dingle conversion is fighting me pretty hard right now.  I may just see if I can find a cheap 29er wheel that can accept a cassette and do a 1x9.  I'm still trying to decide  ???

naked indian

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »
Naked Indian, I was just in Debary this past weekend, and will be going back this upcoming weekend.

Krunch, I'm in Odessa, not far from Tarpon at all.  Can you PM me your number so we can try to set something up? 

This dingle conversion is fighting me pretty hard right now.  I may just see if I can find a cheap 29er wheel that can accept a cassette and do a 1x9.  I'm still trying to decide  ???

I got a 29er rear wheel I can sell you cheap, ya, if your coming this way ever, let me know, I got the NK ride that I will gladly take anyone on anytime, its lots of fun, OR we can go to snowhill, yeehaw!  Or the Secret trail which kicks azz as well!

Offline Dave In Odessa

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 04:18:53 PM »
hmmmm, what are the details of the wheel you have for sale?  I just posted a wanted ad here, but basically I'm looking for a cheap disk brake 29er wheel that I can put a cassette on.  Feel free to PM me.

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 04:21:26 PM »

I will PM you when I get home from work tonight. I will check my toolbox of goodies and make sure I have got em'. When I say 'long', I really mean it. They were intended for those E.13 bashguards (1/2"+ thick) and I just used them for a different purpose.
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline Dave In Odessa

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 04:22:58 PM »
OK, let me know.  As you can see, I'm trying to decide if its financially feasible to go with a cassette than fool around with the dinglespeed experiment.  If I do the dingle though, looong chainring bolts won't be a concern, I'm not a weight weenie or a fashion snob :D

Advertisement: