Author Topic: Croom Trail Conditions?  (Read 5326 times)

Offline ProEdgeBiker.com

• *SPECIALIZED* My Sweatshop Boutique!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
  • My Bike: Custom 09' Specialized Epic w/ Sweet SLR's
Re: Croom Trail Conditions?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 01:55:50 PM »

sarcasm.
  Rule #3 -- don't make assumptions.   ;)

I didn't want to leave ProEdgeBiker with a 1 word response that he could have interpreted to mean Croom sucks.  I'd rather he experimented for himself.

Cool man, i think i will head out there prob i like 3 weeks. i need a bit of a change of scenery, i feel selfish if i dont take the wife with me once in a while. well i should say, she makes me feel selfish.

naked indian

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 01:57:44 PM »

sarcasm.

I didn't want to leave ProEdgeBiker with a 1 word response that he could have interpreted to mean Croom sucks.  I'd rather he experimented for himself.

Cool man, i think i will head out there prob i like 3 weeks. i need a bit of a change of scenery, i feel selfish if i dont take the wife with me once in a while. well i should say, she makes me feel selfish.

Better if you go with someone who knows the trail, place can be a bit intimidating.

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 02:01:25 PM »
Wife & I love Long XC Riding cause she also gets to enjoy it, Elevation changes are awesome specially for her, technical for me.
Try this -- park your car at Parking Area #1 on the Croom map.  Take the Withlacochee paved trail north to the 8 MI bailout point (you have to ride about 1.8 MI I believe -- you'll see a spot on your left with a Swamp tag on a tree to cut over across the dirt road to pick up the North Blue trail).  Head to the right on the Blue trail and you'll go into the "pits" area.  There are hard/easy options on most sections, and some great techy stuff.  One trail I posted about earlier is called "Cherry Bomb ridge" -- check it out -- wouldn't have the wife try that right away though until you check it out first.

Also, if you make a Left at the 8MI bailout and head south on blue, you'll run into "Drunken Monkey"  (look for the animal skulls that mark the trail entrance/exit).  This is a great trail with some real fun stuff.  After you go thru that, you'll have around 30,000 miles of XC singletrack you can ride all day on.  Bring more water than you think you'll need if it's hot out.

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 02:04:29 PM »
LOL, good point!  Thus why I think he responded by saying he was not a naysayer.  Although lots of people have a hard time appreciating the charm croom offers.
Yes they do.  That's ok though.  I honestly love the place, but the sand doesn't bother me like it bothers some, plus I can go for hours just thinking about a thousand things...

Offline ProEdgeBiker.com

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 02:06:29 PM »
Awesome! so she wont have a problem then. She can do all of balm without a hitch except for the black diamonds(she wont even try them).

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9 and some crappy commuter road bike.
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 02:10:44 PM »

sarcasm.

You will need map http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/regions/westcentral/trails/pdfs/with_croom_bicycle.pdf

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9 and some crappy commuter road bike.
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 02:28:50 PM »
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=71786[/]

I tried looking for confirmation (aside from many others calling it Bundy's pit), but I couldn't find any.

If we can find a map of this run, I think we can find out which pit is bundies pit.

Runners use the hiking trail, here is the map
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/regions/westcentral/trails/pdfs/with_croom_hik.pdf

naked indian

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 02:31:42 PM »
[url=http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=71786]http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=71786[/][/url]

I tried looking for confirmation (aside from many others calling it Bundy's pit), but I couldn't find any.

If we can find a map of this run, I think we can find out which pit is bundies pit.

Runners use the hiking trail, here is the map
[url=http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/regions/westcentral/trails/pdfs/with_croom_hik.pdf]http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/regions/westcentral/trails/pdfs/with_croom_hik.pdf[/url]

Interesting, im checking motion based right now for this run, maybe someone edged it and locked it.

Luis

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 02:46:19 PM »
I know where that pit is... ;D

naked indian

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 02:49:06 PM »
I know where that pit is... ;D

really?  Is it labeled? 

Offline ProEdgeBiker.com

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 02:49:29 PM »
is there a trail name canyon out there?

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 03:43:58 PM »
Not that I'm aware of.  There is one by that name in the northern section of Boyette though.

naked indian

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 03:55:19 PM »
Not that I'm aware of.  There is one by that name in the northern section of Boyette though.

In brooksville there is a trail system that was once open called the Gran Canyon.

Offline ProEdgeBiker.com

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • You Know It!
    • ProEdgeBiker.com
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 04:54:46 PM »

In brooksville there is a trail system that was once open called the Gran Canyon.

yeah, that must have been the one.

Offline jessica

• Forum Newbie
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 07:19:44 PM »
so how well do u know croom