Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: HoBo Cross Rematch  (Read 1774 times)

naked indian

HoBo Cross Rematch
« on: April 02, 2009, 01:33:01 PM »
I will be doing a rematch on The weekend of april 17th or the 24th depending on the Cohutta 100.
the Goal, to go from my house to Santos to croom and back as dirty as possible.  Estimated 300 miles.

If anyone is interested in joining me for part or all of this you are welcomed to come.
Be advised that I will be doing a trial simulated GDR pace, meaning that I will sometimes decide at odd times to stop set up camp and then break camp.  It may not be the traditional destination Orientated type of ride.
But I understand there is an interest to experience the bikepacking and this will be an excellent opp for the willing.
If your interested just respond or PM me.

thanks,
Karlos

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
Re: HoBo Cross Rematch
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 05:07:19 PM »
those are big miles. How many nights?

Luis

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 07:25:05 PM »

Depends on where he gets picked up  ;)

naked indian

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 07:49:19 PM »

well... I got to be at work come 6am Monday morning.  So I guess I got from 6pm Friday to 6am Monday morning, technically.  LOL.  I hope to be done sometime on Sunday and It should be doable as long as I make Croom by Sat night or Sun early morning sometime.
Its ambitious maybe, but I should be able to handle a challenge like this if I ever want to make the GDR.
Barring any extreme mechanical failures I should make it.  LOL.  I will be READY this time!

But, anyone can join for as long as they like and then get picked up anywhere along the way....

Offline Daniel

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 08:34:18 AM »
This sounds great. Too bad my stamina sucks right now or I would definately join you.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents" H.P. Lovecraft

Advertisement: