Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Dear litterbug  (Read 2090 times)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
Dear litterbug
« on: April 19, 2009, 02:26:05 PM »
I know that tube that you left on the side of Golfcart was too heavy for you to carry out. Don't worry, I saw it when I rode by. Was kinda hard to miss actually, hanging 3ft off the ground where you took the trouble to thread it through some weeds. I know you aren't worried about it, but I took the double track back, and then had to ride across that field to go get it.

Whoever you were, I hope some birds and squirrels gang up on you and naw your ears off.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline MT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • The rider formerly known as mtbker1224
    • Escape the Daily Grind
Re: Dear litterbug
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 03:42:01 PM »
 :)  LMAO, well put!

I too grow weary of picking up spent tubes and goo or hammer gel wrappers. Is it really that difficult to carry out your trash?

Offline Slowy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 04:18:33 PM »

I too grow weary of picking up  hammer gel wrappers. Is it really that difficult to carry out your trash?

they might not have the extra energy to unzip, insert, zip their camelbacks.....

jk

it really is a shame that folks think they are in a marathon and can't take the extra second to put their crap back where it belongs
Joe

"a smite a day keeps the trailbugs away"!

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 05:21:04 PM »
Not marathon, but mentality. 

Why then do folks sitting at a red light use the curb for their trash can? It is real simple to just take it home and put it in the trash can.  Too much energy? A marathon just to get to their destination?  If you're raised to just toss it where ever you are, and have no regards for your environment, then that's as good as it gets.

Offline Slowy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 08:01:41 PM »
^ what i meant was "they don't have the time"

same folks who throw trash out of their car.

on another note... why is throwing a cigarette butt out of the window NOT littering,,, but an empty bag of chips is?
Joe

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 09:40:12 PM »

on another note... why is throwing a cigarette butt out of the window NOT littering,,, but an empty bag of chips is?

that's because throwing the cig butt out is arson, which is way less important than that bag of chips silly. :D
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 09:42:20 PM »

It's all littering.  All cars come with an ashtray, and you can even buy a portable one that fits in your pocket so there is no excuse other than laziness to throw it out the window.

Offline jbennardo

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: 2010 Giant XTC29er1
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 09:49:09 PM »
I've always wanted to grab one that's still lit and throw it back in their car and tell them, "you dropped this". Making sure to throw it somewhere they can't reach it in the hopes the car catches fire and rids the world of a useless person.
 >:( >:( >:(

Offline Shep

• First Bike
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 06:57:49 AM »
Those people piss me off so much. Absolute laziness.
Gettin back to it.

Offline Slowy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 07:26:22 AM »
i was with my dad once and it hadn't rained a LOOOONG time. someone threw a lit butt out into a tall grassy median and it caught fire.

at my work there is a cig butt container, but nobody ever thought of emptying it so it filled up and one last person put a butt in and it melted the neck and it fell over ata 90* angle...
then someone stuck a napkin in the hole, but it didn't fit so the napkin is hanging out. i'll have to snap a pic today at work
Joe

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 12:13:13 PM »

I know that tube that you left on the side of Golfcart was too heavy for you to carry out. Don't worry, I saw it when I rode by. Was kinda hard to miss actually, hanging 3ft off the ground where you took the trouble to thread it through some weeds. I know you aren't worried about it, but I took the double track back, and then had to ride across that field to go get it.

Whoever you were, I hope some birds and squirrels gang up on you and naw your ears off.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »
I was thinking about that also last week as I ate my lunch in the parking lot at Boyette. I noticed all the trash in the brush on the other side of the wood fence. There was a ton. I picked up some of the bigger pieces but there was so much. I hate it cause I know a lot of it had to be from other riders. It's sad though when there's a trash can in the lot that's less than 100 feet away.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Offline DeV

• Loudmouth Know-it-all
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia for sure!
  • My Bike: 06 Stumpy Comp
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 01:24:09 PM »
i leave my empty water bottle in the holder on my frame.. and over the course of a day at alafia ill fill it with reflectors from pedals and wheels.. hammer gel packs.. band aid wrappers.. you name it.. i also usually come back with 4 or 5 crushed zepherhills bottles in the pockets of my cargo shorts.. it really is sad.. but oh well.. i can never make it to workdays.. so i try to help where i can. one of my friends smokes.. and when we stop on the trail and he lights up.. he puts the butts in his pocket until we get back to the trailhead.. it doesnt take much effort to keep it clean..  some people are just slobs.
2006 Specialized Stumpy Comp

Offline Slowy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 02:40:47 PM »
It's sad though when there's a trash can in the lot that's less than 100 feet away.

but they might get a splinter lifting the wood that covers the cans!!
Joe

Offline LTS guy

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 11:51:48 AM »

It's all littering.  All cars come with an ashtray, and you can even buy a portable one that fits in your pocket so there is no excuse other than laziness to throw it out the window.

not to argue with you, because the points you are making are a 1000% correct. but my Honda, didn't come with an ashtray. Its odd, I know. But there isn't one, and theres not even a spot to have one if I did want it. I'd have to buy one of those cup holder ashcans, and if those people are too lazy to carry a gel wrapper or a cigarette butt, they certainly aren't going to go out of the way to buy one of those.  ::)
When you ride so far out that you hear no traffic, no people...nothing..

zen.

Advertisement: