Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: SWAMP Adopt-A-Trail Adoptees  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
SWAMP Adopt-A-Trail Adoptees
« on: May 05, 2009, 12:03:25 AM »
Hi all,
Lets all give a great big thank you to Marty Eubank and her sister Alice O'Leary for adopting River Loop at Alafia as their trail to maintain under the SWAMP Clubs new Adopt-A-Trail Program!

Thanks Marty and Alice!!

For those of you who do not know how this works - just a quick overview.  As mentioned it's a new program that we have started.  You pick the trail system and trail that you are interested in helping out with and keep it trimmed and cleaned up on a day and time that fits in your schedule.  Get with the Trail Boss of that trail system to see if the trail that you choose is available to adopt. If not he will let you know which trails are still available.  Of course right now we've just started so all trails at all four parks but River Loop at Alafia is available.  You report your hours to the Trail Boss and keep him informed of any issues you see on the trail.  It's a great system for those who cannot make the scheduled Saturday workdays but would still like to help out with the never ending task of keeping our trails groomed and open for all to enjoy.

The goal of the Adopt-A-Trail Program is three fold:
(1) Maintain and improve trails to help control overgrowth and ensure that trails stay open to bikers.
(2) Provide trail users with opportunities to make a positive impact to the local trail network.
(3) Record volunteer hours donated in the local park systems.

The primary focus of the Adopt-A-Trail program is trail trimming to maintain corridors passable. If trail trimming is maintained by volunteers of the Adopt-A-Trail Program, then the regularly scheduled monthly work parties can concentrate resources on larger trail improvements or other more-involved trail maintenance.

Volunteers will also be expected to monitor their trails for erosion, downed trees and other potential problems, and report these major trail issues to the Trail Boss for correction.

Thanks again Marty and Alice for stepping up and taking on this task.

Garry Rosseter
SWAMP Club President
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:06:06 AM by Garry »

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
Re: SWAMP Adopt-A-Trail Adoptees
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 08:08:28 AM »
PM sent to Art.
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 08:32:17 AM »
PM sent to Art.
Thanks Kris.  I also sent a follow up PM to him.

Offline Daniel

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 11:04:31 AM »
Sounds cool. I will talk with Rachel. I think I can get her in with me to take care of Loch Ness.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents" H.P. Lovecraft

Offline kj

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Personal text?
  • My Bike: Vassago JabberWocky & Bandersnatch
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 11:36:32 AM »
email also sent to Art.

Advertisement: