Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Jimmie Cotton's  (Read 2187 times)

Offline eclark

• Cycling Sherpa
Jimmie Cotton's
« on: May 05, 2009, 09:27:22 PM »
If anyone has a chance to ride Jimmies, go do it, make the time.  That place is riding so nice!!  They opened up a couple huge ridges that hcane charlie closed, it is as big as ridgeline drops only uncultivated.  The trails are really rugged since they don't see the volume our other trails do around here.  The built a beautiful log ride, 25 footer maybe, super smooth entry with a flattened top.  The place reminds me of the toe xc loop, with all the skinny razor ridges.  There are little bridges all over, a couple really nice sand bridges.  I wish we could build some sand bridges at alafia, they were cool and on the ground.  Be ready to climb, and bring lots of food because you burn a ton of energy riding this place.  Jimmy was as always a wonderful host and I had the pleasure of riding with him for most of the ride.  He kicked axe, not for his age, just plain kicked it!!  Jason and Jonesy, thanks for the invite!!

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
Re: Jimmie Cotton's
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
If anyone has a chance to ride Jimmies, go do it, make the time.  That place is riding so nice!!  They opened up a couple huge ridges that hcane charlie closed, it is as big as ridgeline drops only uncultivated.  The trails are really rugged since they don't see the volume our other trails do around here.  The built a beautiful log ride, 25 footer maybe, super smooth entry with a flattened top.  The place reminds me of the toe xc loop, with all the skinny razor ridges.  There are little bridges all over, a couple really nice sand bridges.  I wish we could build some sand bridges at alafia, they were cool and on the ground.  Be ready to climb, and bring lots of food because you burn a ton of energy riding this place.  Jimmy was as always a wonderful host and I had the pleasure of riding with him for most of the ride.  He kicked axe, not for his age, just plain kicked it!!  Jason and Jonesy, thanks for the invite!!

where's this at?

Offline Jonesy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 06:29:08 AM »
Sorry Proedge, TTT said you are not allowed to go. :-[  Only room for one set of pimp wheels.

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2016 Scott Genius 740
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 07:07:40 AM »
My first out loud laugh today. Good job Jonesy. ;D

I actually downgraded my XTR wheels to some more all mountain ones. Will TTT let me go now?
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 07:35:39 AM »
Sorry Proedge, TTT said you are not allowed to go. :-[  Only room for one set of pimp wheels.

Im in contact with Crank Brothers because while cleaning them yesterday, the cassette body came off... i was like WHAT THE HELL!!!!

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 07:55:28 AM »

LMAO...I have to agree with Catman on this one Jonesy.  I needed that laugh.  Gotta give you a +1 on that. 

<----Look, your Karma just increased.  And you didn't even have to beg for it.  ;D
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 07:55:55 AM »
I think you missed one of the best sections out there E. From what Jimmy was saying you guys didn't ride one of the newest parts that is just sick!
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 07:56:16 AM »
Im in contact with Crank Brothers because while cleaning them yesterday, the cassette body came off... i was like WHAT THE HELL!!!!

Hey Garry...is this a thread hijack??? 
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 08:02:11 AM »

Hey Garry...is this a thread hijack???

^^ squealer!!!
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 09:51:53 AM »

OMG!! Do you still have the original wheel set so you're not out of commission? I have never heard of a cassette falling off ???   Did you buy the wheels with the cassette already installed or put your used one on yourself?

Luis

Re: Jimmie Cotton's - Crank Bros bashing...
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 10:05:54 AM »
Seems like Crank Brothers parts are built with timed release threads...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 10:09:37 AM by Luis »

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 11:08:28 AM »

OMG!! Do you still have the original wheel set so you're not out of commission? I have never heard of a cassette falling off ???   Did you buy the wheels with the cassette already installed or put your used one on yourself?

these were brand new, i installed the cassette. I also have the original wheels that came with the bike with skinnies on it that i can swap out if need be. Crank Bros told me that it's a common problem that has been reported and that it would snap back in. Anyhow, it went back in but no snap, i can use 2 fingers and pull off the casette body with no problem at all.... im going to send them back into them so they can fix the rear hub, it really blows cause i was going to use them for the hammerhead coming up..

I'll make a short vid and  post it.. it's crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

naked indian

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 11:10:20 AM »

these were brand new, i installed the cassette. I also have the original wheels that came with the bike with skinnies on it that i can swap out if need be. Crank Bros told me that it's a common problem that has been reported and that it would snap back in. Anyhow, it went back in but no snap, i can use 2 fingers and pull off the casette body with no problem at all.... im going to send them back into them so they can fix the rear hub, it really blows cause i was going to use them for the hammerhead coming up..

You doing the Fifty?

Brett Wycoff and I want to ride this Jimmy Cotton's trail, who will take us?

PM ME!

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 11:19:03 AM »

I'll make a short vid and  post it.. it's crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

Geesh, a cassette that is not retained by a nut? Must be a cobalt thing huh. What is to keep a bit of side thrust from popping if off during a ride?

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 11:19:28 AM »

You doing the Fifty?

Brett Wycoff and I want to ride this Jimmy Cotton's trail, who will take us?

PM ME!

Me three  ;D

Advertisement: