Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: so I started a stupid blog thingy to track the journey .....  (Read 3286 times)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
from the point I am now....going into race season

http://factoretransformz.blogspot.com/

if any of you want to be bored with charts and such...lol

Offline J. Ryan

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: so I started a stupid blog thingy to track the journey .....
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 10:34:46 PM »
Good luck man. I'll just started my Marathon training today! Whoohoo!

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:01:05 PM »
Don't forget to account for the multiple "walls" you will hit when loosing weight.  Keep up the good work.

Since not many read blogs now-a-days, I am considering keeping my blogging to just NOTES within facebook.  I did read yours but found your wife's blog to be very informative.  It is full of delicious food recepies.  She may have to stop cooking all that food for you...  ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:04:05 PM by SandPine »

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 07:47:07 AM »
Don't forget to account for the multiple "walls" you will hit when loosing weight.  Keep up the good work.

Since not many read blogs now-a-days, I am considering keeping my blogging to just NOTES within facebook.  I did read yours but found your wife's blog to be very informative.  It is full of delicious food recepies.  She may have to stop cooking all that food for you...  ;)

Keep the blog up Marcel. I like reading yours and Morrisson's. Now I'll start reading FE's. I'm not on Facebook.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

naked indian

Re: on the subject of Blog's
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 07:50:40 AM »

Keep the blog up Marcel. I like reading yours and Morrisson's. Now I'll start reading FE's. I'm not on Facebook.

Speaking of Blogs, and the fact that facebook is annoying...  check this out Y'all! http://singletracksamurai.blogspot.com/

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 08:15:10 AM »

Speaking of Blogs, and the fact that facebook is annoying...  check this out Y'all! http://singletracksamurai.blogspot.com/

I like.

Offline jbennardo

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: 2010 Giant XTC29er1
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 08:21:27 AM »
Good luck FE and I'm always in for a weight loss journey. I struggle with it myself.
I'm trying to keep a blog going but sometimes I don't think people really give a crap about what I have to say.  ???

Offline jbennardo

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: 2010 Giant XTC29er1
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 09:00:13 AM »
Good luck man. I'll just started my Marathon training today! Whoohoo!
Your PM box was full, but thanks for following my blog.. I'm checking out everyone's blogs too!

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 09:11:15 AM »
So I did my PWR test this am and the results are in on the blog - as you can see weight does play a pretty big role in how fast you are...for instance over 20 minutes my PWR is 2.69 which puts me in the "new rider" catagory as far as PWR goes.  If I was at my ideal weight of 17% body fat which is 188 pounds and I don't improve at all on power output, my PWR would be 3.04.  That would put me in the intermidiate range.  I did these numbers without any speed work or interval training as of yet.  This is the improvements you can make just from weight loss alone.  In the next month, I am starting to add some of those things alone with weight training and plyometrics to the program.  I am hoping to be in the "Jersey Rider" range by race season in Sept.  I am keeping close track and logging all training and nutrition so that if you are bored and you wonder how I got better, you will have an open book to look at.

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 09:17:30 AM »
Is riding the only cardio your doing? Even though I'm down from over 220 to 205, I feel like I'm slower on the bike. I'm wondering if this is due to the increased running and strength training I've done lately. I only jog 2-3 days a week and I do mostly body weight strength training and core work so I hoped it wouldn't effect me on the bike, but I'm not too sure.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 09:25:33 AM »
I power walk/jog with wife and do elyptical machine at gym too.

next week I start weight training and plyometric training as well

Offline Pariah

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 09:53:34 AM »
Is riding the only cardio your doing? Even though I'm down from over 220 to 205, I feel like I'm slower on the bike. I'm wondering if this is due to the increased running and strength training I've done lately. I only jog 2-3 days a week and I do mostly body weight strength training and core work so I hoped it wouldn't effect me on the bike, but I'm not too sure.

I had this same problem when I started doing strength training for legs.  I can only presume it is the difference between fast twitch and slow titch muscle mass.  Make sure you put time on the bike and ensure that you spin to keep things balanced.  That is what I did and I noticed my speed returned.  Not that had a crap load to begin with....but none the less.
WARNING  This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2778, et seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 et seq.). Violation of these export laws are subject to criminal penalty

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »

I had this same problem when I started doing strength training for legs.  I can only presume it is the difference between fast twitch and slow titch muscle mass.  Make sure you put time on the bike and ensure that you spin to keep things balanced.  That is what I did and I noticed my speed returned.  Not that had a crap load to begin with....but none the less.

I am not doing really heavy weights low reps - keeping the weights lower but higher reps with little recovery is what my plan is...hopefully this will improve my riding...we will see for sure with all the testing that I am doing

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 10:01:11 AM »

Yeah. I try to make riding my primary activity. Usually 4 rides a week. But the problem is I seldom get more than 25 miles a ride. Just not enough time.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 10:40:17 AM »
results of 1 month on NI's nutrition plan on blog

Advertisement: