I think it is time for another Frankenbike build. I was out of town for the first one and I really regret missing all the festivities. We have a member (Krunnch) who is in need of a med to large (I assume) full suspension stout XC rig but all mountain would be awesome. He built the first Frankenbike as well as donated a bunch of parts. He also is very active in trail maintenance from what I hear.
He currently has a full on downhill bike (almost 50lbs I think?) He kills it on that thing but certainly could use another option.
So does anyone have a FS frame just hanging in the garage that you know you're truthfully never gonna build back up (be honest with yourself
)? Even if it is too nice for a straight up donation maybe we can all pitch in a little to make this deal go down.
This is what I've got just sitting in the garage:
1) EA 50 120mm stem 25.4 clamp
2) Old Specialized body geometry saddle
3) Shimano XT front derailleur 31.8 clamp top swing (unsure of what pull it is)
4) Old Kalo 27.2 seatpost and clamp
5) Old 9sp KMZ chain that may clean up nice (quick link as well
6) Two brake cables and one derailleur,Cable end crimps, cable housing ferrules, steer tube spacers, odds and ends,etc.
7) Old Rock Shox Judy 100mm but this is for the worse case scenario as it needs seals and paint
2003-2004 (has been sandblasted so needs paint) Giant NRS 3.75 in rear travel 20.5 inch frame with no rear shock (needs 6.5 eye to eye shock I think). Bottom braket threads are messed up on non-drive side but LBS said it should be fine.
9) Lower end Shimano SPD pedals
10) Lizard Skins lockon grips (no clamps)
That's about all I can remember right now but is most likely a complete list for me as I used almost all of my spares recently on another Frankenbike donation type deal.
Krunnch: If you have other plans or are not interested for any reason I'll delete this post.