Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Need a good route  (Read 1541 times)

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2016 Scott Genius 740
Need a good route
« on: May 17, 2009, 06:53:12 PM »
I'm in need of a good route to take at Boyette. The one way thing kinda messed me up a bit today. Bascially looking for the best possible route to take out to the Ridgeline and back while avoiding all the easy stuff and the meadows. I'm not looking for a lot of miles just want a good flowing ride out and back where I'll hit most of the blues and all of the blacks.
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
Re: Need a good route
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 07:08:16 PM »
if you are wanting to skip the easy trails out to the fun stuff....take the chair lift - I do that to avoid that 2 mile sandy road

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2016 Scott Genius 740
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 07:33:07 PM »
No chair lift, air conditioned monorail like at Disney.
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 08:55:45 PM »
A fun short loop would start with Lochness to Randys to Gator Pit to GolfCart to Mt. Boyette to Canyon to North Abyss to South Abyss to Pandemonium to Side Winder to Swamp Thing to Poo Bahs Play ground Aka Ridgeline. Ride out doubletrak along sidewinder and jump back on South Abyss to Bigdrop to Spiderberm to Randys to Lochness and now your FAV  ;D 2 miles of doubletrak home :o Put'er in the Big Ring and Hammer Baby 8)
For a nice changeup, instead of riding back out sidewinder doubletrak get back on sidewinder to swampthing to woodstrail to meadows, as you enter meadows you have the choice to exit stage left, this takes you on the double trak that borders the North Quads out to only 1 and 3/4 miles Doubletrak ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:59:39 PM by Scott »

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 09:07:29 PM »
going out he would have to take Randy's to west meadow to inner-lochness, throw in baby nessie, then out to 2 track... the others lochness' are one way now...

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 09:14:42 PM »
Exactly :)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 09:49:31 PM »
There's a new route I have added that gets your climbing legs in the action.  Take Loch Ness to Upper Loch Ness to West Meado then Baby Nessie and Inner Loch Ness; left where it exits at Palmetto/Cable and take Vista Ridge to West Meadow. Just as you drop into the second right curve of West Meadow take the NEW grassy climb up the knoll and race back down the drop onto the West Meadow Trail, back towards Randy's Trail and Gator Pit - Golf Cart, Canyon, ALL of the Abyss.  Take the opportunity to do a cool down ride on the two track to Pandemonium and crank it up all over again.  :-)

Offline Daniel

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 08:44:56 AM »
A fun short loop would start with Lochness to Randys to Gator Pit to GolfCart to Mt. Boyette to Canyon to North Abyss to South Abyss to Pandemonium to Side Winder to Swamp Thing to Poo Bahs Play ground Aka Ridgeline. Ride out doubletrak along sidewinder and jump back on South Abyss to Bigdrop to Spiderberm to Randys to Lochness and now your FAV  ;D 2 miles of doubletrak home

This is pretty much what we do. It's a nice ride.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents" H.P. Lovecraft

Advertisement: