Author Topic: Just a thanks to...  (Read 2181 times)

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
Just a thanks to...
« on: May 17, 2009, 10:17:56 PM »
You thought this was thanks to all the nice people who work on the trails didn't you? Well actually it is a big warm thanks to all the @#*($@@#% who litter Alafia. I rode there today (Sunday) and just couldn't stop picking up trash. I thought I might just put a WSI sign on my bike and drive around. I found 7 Dasani/Nestle/Aquafina water bottles, a blown up slime tube just hanging on the trees, Budweiser can?, and wrappers galore.

Don't you littering * turds worry about packing out what you brought in, I will load it up in my little 45oz water fanny pack and pockets and carry it out for you. Turds.

I almost forgot, big thanks to the person who tried to form a bypass off North Creek just after the 180 degree gravel hill climb. I made sure to block it off for you since I know North Creek is so wicked hard!

Ah just realized one more thing. Another thanks to the people who decided to ride the 'No Dab Ridge' in the rain. I like the fact that you dragged your tires from the top to the bottom creating a nice trench. Should be called 'Skid Ridge'.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr - should have taken my meds lastnight! 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 10:20:27 PM by KRUNNCHERO »
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Online Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Just a thanks to...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:32:53 PM »
Have a "alternate route" in Baby Nessie to block off too.  This will make the third time I have tried to subtly block it off.  Looks like I will actually have to WORK and make it permanent for the lame *'s.

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 10:38:19 PM »
Garry,

I find that digging a tank trap works very effectively. There use to be a route off Gatorback just after the large hill climb that had to be blocked 3x. The last time we put some massive trees and I dug a 2' hole. No problems since... 8)
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline catman

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2007 Giant Trance 1
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 10:41:46 PM »
I picked up one water bottle, one aluminum container,one small towel, and a CO2 cartridge at Boyette today. I would have gotten a seat cover, some sort of small plastic container, and a rather large Gatorade bottle but I was totally out of room in my camelbak. Have to bring zip ties next time and just attach a ton of trash to my back and or bike. >:(
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline catman

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 10:45:32 PM »
You thought this was thanks to all the nice people who work on the trails didn't you? Well actually it is a big warm thanks to all the @#*($@@#% who litter Alafia. I rode there today (Sunday) and just couldn't stop picking up trash. I thought I might just put a WSI sign on my bike and drive around. I found 7 Dasani/Nestle/Aquafina water bottles, a blown up slime tube just hanging on the trees, Budweiser can?, and wrappers galore.

Don't you littering * turds worry about packing out what you brought in, I will load it up in my little 45oz water fanny pack and pockets and carry it out for you. Turds.

I almost forgot, big thanks to the person who tried to form a bypass off North Creek just after the 180 degree gravel hill climb. I made sure to block it off for you since I know North Creek is so wicked hard!

Ah just realized one more thing. Another thanks to the people who decided to ride the 'No Dab Ridge' in the rain. I like the fact that you dragged your tires from the top to the bottom creating a nice trench. Should be called 'Skid Ridge'.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr - should have taken my meds lastnight!

What the hell are you doing on North Creek? I can't even picture a short cut there if I'm thinking of the right place. Is it Just before you get out to that little jump in the field area? Eclark and I saw a little girl get pitched off her horse there Saturday.

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 07:53:23 AM »
What the hell are you doing on North Creek?
I was wondering the same thing.  Didn't think Krunnch rode paved trails like that.  ;)

I don't recall seeing an attempt at a bypass at that spot on Sunday.  Of course, I wasn't paying that much attention.  I was too busy trying to catch  the matching jersey pack.  ;D
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Online Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 07:59:40 AM »
Garry,

I find that digging a tank trap works very effectively. There use to be a route off Gatorback just after the large hill climb that had to be blocked 3x. The last time we put some massive trees and I dug a 2' hole. No problems since... 8)
Yep - when I was out there I spotted a couple of dead trees and some nice sized rocks that I will build a wall with.  If I came up on them doing it I would have given a friendly little nudge and chuckled as they tumbled down the side of the hill.  ::)

Offline jmdeluca05

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 08:02:55 AM »
While we are on the thanks topic,  I would love to thank the group of riders who rode Golf Cart the wrong way.  Especially the polite gentlemen who I slammed head on into.  If it were not for him, I would not have a large scrape on my arm to show off at work.  Sorry about throwing my Redline at you.
Anyway, The fact is some folks feel they can do whatever they want, and the littering shortcuts will always be a problem.   

Offline Daniel

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 08:35:19 AM »
While we are on the thanks topic,  I would love to thank the group of riders who rode Golf Cart the wrong way.  Especially the polite gentlemen who I slammed head on into.  If it were not for him, I would not have a large scrape on my arm to show off at work.  Sorry about throwing my Redline at you.
Anyway, The fact is some folks feel they can do whatever they want, and the littering shortcuts will always be a problem.   

Sorry we missed you while we were out there (pun intended). Rachel and I almost hit two guys going wrong way as well. I said "please be careful, many of these trails are one way". He replies the ever useful..."whatever"
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents" H.P. Lovecraft

Offline catman

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 09:29:11 AM »
I raced towards Golf cart (ok who am I kidding, I rode towards Golf cart) and had to lock up the brakes cause I saw the one-way sign at the last second. Same thing happened on my way out when trying to hit lochness. If I was totally distracted I could have been that guy hauling ass the wrong way. I'd like to think that 75% of wrong way'rs do it out of ignorance/inexperience and the other 25% just don't give a crap. I have to think that people are like me and don't want to get hurt??? Head on's at Boyette are no joke!

I always see a bunch of people in way over their head so I imagine they are concentrating so hard on not dying that they actually increase the odds of it. Reminds me of when I saw the entire boy scout troop and parent riding the red trails around the Vortex  >:(

Offline jmdeluca05

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 10:11:03 AM »
I here ya.....but this group was of the 25%.  Hopefully, the word gets out about the new one ways.  Untill then I m going back to slowing down on blind spots, and staying alert for other riders going the wrong way.  This is a good heads up, as I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

Online slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 12:20:30 PM »
I thought you were gonna thank the guy that cleared that tree off the new rabbit ear, the one that you had to hook the first up and right corner to short to avoid. :-[
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Online E90X + 1.1.11

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 12:32:04 PM »
I would like to thank the people that gave us a hard option on sandpine at alafia....I road that sketch fest nutzoid trail 2 times saturday

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 02:29:57 PM »
yeah, you really did lose alot of steam through there.

Online E90X + 1.1.11

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 02:35:24 PM »
yeah, you really did lose alot of steam through there.

wide bars and that section don't mix....lol

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 02:50:54 PM »
you know thats true! :o