Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Chat rooms  (Read 6138 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Chat rooms
« on: January 03, 2007, 08:31:16 PM »
I entered the chat room and spoke with Trek 8500 and Garry.  Very cool to have the instant talk. Icannot type fast enough to keep up with the back and  forth but all in all its not hard to read the lines and respond. pretty cool, I think it will be alot of fun especially when big rides and events are coming up and after the events, when there is  a lot  buzz in the air. Ithink my typing skills will greatly improve.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
Re: Chat rooms
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 10:28:48 PM »
yeah...  improve or be run over....LOL :D

probably wont have that problem on the trails though....

anyways the chat is cool like Ells said. It will be great as events come closer, its nice to talk real time with other SWAMPER's and see how everyone's gettin along.

-Bob

p.s. Gregg Irving and myself have spoke about a Sunday morning Santos run anyone interested email me rbriskie at tampabay dot rr dot com.....  I would love to get a big group together...leaving somewhat early sunday morning....
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 11:13:06 PM »
Santos Red trails that is........ ;)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 06:59:29 AM »
I think we are heading to Croom Sat. morning. Anyone been there the past week?
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 08:50:35 AM »
I think we are heading to Croom Sat. morning. Anyone been there the past week?

A group of us rode it Monday.  I understand there are three trees down on the South Blue from Trailhead #1 - reported - we didn't ride it.  North Blue out of #1 was in nice shape with the rains that we had.  Looped around after the 12 mile bail to FR 7 then back around to the 12 mile bail.  22 miles.  Good ride.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 05:50:13 PM »
Thanks, I'm going to print out a map to take with me. Using those Swamp membership bennies!!!  Speaking of which, I recieved my first newsletter last week and the list of all the volunteer hours listing everybody for trail guides, trail maintenance, event volunters... my name was mysteriously missing from the list; wat up wit dat???? Some sort of conspiracy going on here! 8)
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 06:25:19 PM »
Thanks, I'm going to print out a map to take with me. Using those Swamp membership bennies!!!  Speaking of which, I recieved my first newsletter last week and the list of all the volunteer hours listing everybody for trail guides, trail maintenance, event volunters... my name was mysteriously missing from the list; wat up wit dat???? Some sort of conspiracy going on here! 8)

Have to check with Wes on that.  What's your name?  Ride Guides guiding 10 rides get free membership.  Other hours break down for different schwag.  How many hours did you get?

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 06:27:58 PM »
Yeah! what is your name?

Garry and I were talking about that last night have we ever seen you?  Maybe the biggest mystery this year is who Ellsrider is.

Gregg

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 08:49:23 PM »
Thats some funny shiznit!!! You know I can't give up my internet anonimity!  ;D Art and Julianne always told me that  they're keeping track  of all the hours. They have books going back years for all the times I've showed up. And this year Swamp started offering all the swag for volunteer hours,  and the hours are all cumulative, so it really enticed me to finally become  legit and join Swamp. So I was lured in and joined, thinking heck, I've spent  spent days and days working on some of these trails, I can't imagine how many hours I've accumulated.  Then the newsletter arrives in the mail (it's a nice newsletter too, lots of good info and a good read) and I see the announcements for all the volunteer hours and I can't find my name. Whats going on !!! I peruse through the lists again, this time slower, and I don't know what hourly slot I'm going to fall into, so I start at the top and no way am I in  these groups! Unbelievable committment!!! All I can say is thank you to all who put in so much!  :) Thank you to everybody who chips in, it all adds up  and makes riding in our area that much better! So I'm going through the lists, not here, not here, OK I guess I haven't volunteered that much, not here, I should at least be in here, nope, can't find my name .... hey that guy isn't even a swamp  member and his name is on the list and I know I've worked almost twice what he has ...   darn!!! Art must have  made a mistake. No biggie. But it's going to suck when  so and so see's his name on the list and he isn't even a member. You know who you are. Send in the money and join you cheapskate! And thats the gist of it. I don't really care about  the Swamp swag and I don't volunteer as much as I should,  when I have volunteered and when I do show up again it's because I want to help out. I enjoy working on the trails, especially building new ones. It's a creative endeavor  that you know thousands of people are going to enjoy for many years and to be part of creating something thats going to be part of the Tampa Bay area is swag enough for me.  You probably, hopefully, know from my posts that I'm tongue in cheek - good natured - very easy going and not being on the list does not  bother me in the least, actually I'm grateful for the scenario because it created some good laughs for me. Me and the non Swamp member had some good needling going on between us. As far as who the Ellsrider is ...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 08:59:56 PM by EllsRider »
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 11:27:33 PM »
Hey Garry!

I read that over and over, I didn't see a name. Did you?

Don't worry Ells.....we will find you.........LOL

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 07:29:26 AM »
Hey Garry!

I read that over and over, I didn't see a name. Did you?

Don't worry Ells.....we will find you.........LOL

Must be skeered.  Wait, he/she races - can't be that skeered.  HAHA

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 09:01:27 AM »
now thats just good humor right there....  I guess he'll remain a mystery for a while longer..

LOL

-BOb  ;D
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 06:31:08 PM »
Yeah yeah ! I  hear you. Read an article once about internet security and it said you shouldn't post your name on the WWW. Never know who might use that info! Just practicing  safe internetting!  ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 06:39:47 PM »
I saw a guy on a gold (orange-ish) Ellsworth today at Flatwoods...............could it have been......naw probably not.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 07:45:13 AM »
Good money says that was the Idster, Morris Bridge is his home course.
" Not this time, Lance"

Advertisement: