Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Will a rainy week make for unusable trails?  (Read 1096 times)

Offline halgojer

• First Bike
Will a rainy week make for unusable trails?
« on: May 19, 2009, 04:40:50 PM »
Will be first time visiting and don't want to spend the whole time in a cheap motel if the trails are underwater.  Please let me know what the odds are of getting some good rides at Alafia and/or Boyette even if it has been raining. Thanks!  8)

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
Re: Will a rainy week make for unusable trails?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 04:42:30 PM »
Alafia: I found them nicely packed the last time I was there. Some damage from those who rode during heavy rain, but short of that, they were very nice.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 04:52:09 PM by KRUNNCHERO »
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 07:41:12 PM »
Will be first time visiting and don't want to spend the whole time in a cheap motel if the trails are underwater.  Please let me know what the odds are of getting some good rides at Alafia and/or Boyette even if it has been raining. Thanks!  8)
Most of those trails should be pretty good as long as we don't get another heavy dumping.  Obviously the trails with clay content won't be any fun to ride and they take a pretty bad beating if you do.  But, getting a ride in on the less slick and sloppy trails is worth it as those tend to get nicely packed and are fast.

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »
The ground seems to be soaking up the rain pretty well.  Wish it would let up a little though and get some sun to make sure the trails don't get sloppy.

Alafia was in great shape Sunday.  Only a couple of slick clay spots out there that I can recall.  And only if you put a foot down or dug a bar end into them would you really notice they were there.

It was really nice to ride out there without breathing in a bunch of dust and ending up with yummy brown boogers.  ;D

I don't think my bike would have even gotten dirty if I hadn't endo'd towards the end of Moonscape.  :-[
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Advertisement: