Author Topic: riding @ croom  (Read 3655 times)

Offline RiskEverything

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: '06 Cannondale Rush, '96 Cannondale Super V
Re: riding @ croom
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 12:00:35 PM »
I'm planning to go to Croom for the first time tomorrow (Monday) and bring my g/f with me. What is the most direct route to the best parts of this trail system. The best parts for us are those that you don't have to go fast in order to have fun.
We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Offline Scott

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
Re: riding @ croom
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 12:07:44 PM »
Risky, park at the Blue trailhead at the intersection of the withlacoochie paved trail, nobleton road and croom road. Get on the paved trail and head North about 1 1/2 miles to the 8 mile bailout on your left and enter the Blue trail heading North. This will put you in the area with the most FUN as there are several ups and downs, ridges and a pit/jump area I know YOU will enjoy :) Exit at the 12 mile bail out and head back to where you parked. If you want a nice break on your way back look for a sign that says river trail and follow it a couple hundred yards to the river, very peaceful spot for you and your lady ;) I also recommend the Southern blue loop picked up at the trail head. The first couple miles have some nice ups and downs and nice bermed turns.

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Re: riding @ croom single speed bonanza,this Sunday
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2009, 03:38:56 PM »
The bird and i will be at tucker hill prolly knowing us round 11 or so.
May be there at around the same time -- will bring the SS this time.  ;-)

O yes, good times were a plenty last night and as always the company was the best feature of the evening..  BUT as a result my time table for today has gone completely fluid..  Translation, dont know when we will get there.

sorry stoney.
No prob -- got in a solid 3 hours.  Real hot, but well worth the effort.  Hope you didn't get caught up in any of the rain squalls that are coming thru.