Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Alafia workdays, May 22nd and 23rd  (Read 3125 times)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
Alafia workdays, May 22nd and 23rd
« on: May 21, 2009, 09:31:32 AM »
Ok, it's on. Art and friends are gonna be out there on Friday the 22nd at 9am, doing some work. Then on the 23rd myself and hopefull a few others will be out there, once again at 9am. If you can make it out please post up. I'll cooridinate with Art on what needs to be done while I am there on Friday, so we can have a nice smooth workday on Saturday.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
Re: Alafia workdays, May 22nd and 23rd
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 09:41:02 AM »
Jason: Count me in for this Saturday 5/23 trailwork. I may or may not have a bike to ride afterwards as I am in the process of servicing my fork.

Art: I don't know if you read this much, but I have been corresponding with Garry on the Adopt a Trail program. I want to adopt Gatorback and Moonscape, just not sure what I need to do now that I have signed up.
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 10:46:40 AM »
I don't plan on riding either day Kris. If we are lucky we won't get rained on, but the forecast calls for showers both afternoons. See ya Saturday.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline eclark

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »
I will be there Saturday morning, can't make Friday.  Who else is showing up?  I might have another free laborer with me.

Offline Stumpjumper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »
I will be there on Friday Morning.

Kenny
What was I THINKING !!!!!!

Offline Skinman

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: 08 FSR 29er
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 03:16:22 PM »
Slowfatguy...If you dont mind having a rookie I will be there as well. (Friday 5/22)
What do I need to bring?
"Dad, these pedals are terrifying!"

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 03:58:36 PM »
Slowfatguy...If you dont mind having a rookie I will be there as well. (Friday 5/22)
What do I need to bring?

Rookies are more than welcome, glad to have ya. As far as what to bring, a pair of workgloves is usually nice, and your camelback if you have one. I have a white F150 and Art has a redish/maroon colored F150, should be right up by the bathroom area. Art should have any tools that we'll need, but if you have a special pair of loppers you can bring them.

Offline Skinman

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 04:18:26 PM »
I guess its the F150 crew. I have a red one...see you there.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 07:23:03 PM »
Art: I don't know if you read this much, but I have been corresponding with Garry on the Adopt a Trail program. I want to adopt Gatorback and Moonscape, just not sure what I need to do now that I have signed up.
Hey Kris, as per the info I sent you, just hit your trail when the time works right for you and you're good to go.  Art already knows which trail you've adopted, so just report your hours to him after you've done your trimming and any trail observations that Art could use.  Thanks for stepping up and doing this!

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 09:44:09 PM »
Hey Kris, as per the info I sent you, just hit your trail when the time works right for you and you're good to go.  Art already knows which trail you've adopted, so just report your hours to him after you've done your trimming and any trail observations that Art could use.  Thanks for stepping up and doing this!

Alright, will do. If either trail doesn't get trimmed/cleaned/trash picked up on Saturday. I will take care of that in addition to whatever Jason and the rest of us do.
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 04:58:21 PM »
Hey Paul, you forgot your camelback in the back of my truck. I'll be at Alafia again in the morning.

Offline Skinman

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 05:06:52 PM »
Oh S#%T...that was dumb.
Sorry about that. I guess its Alafia before Boyette tomorrow!. I probably will get there between 9:30-10:30. My cell # 777-0106 whats yours?.....I just want to make sure I find you!

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 06:14:20 PM »
PM sent Paul.

Offline drb81

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: is slow
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 06:20:38 PM »
how is alafia holding up with this weather?
[/don]

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 06:46:36 PM »
it was slick out there in the normal spots, but overall it looked pretty good. We did some cool stuff at the end of Moonscape that I think everyone will like. ;D

Advertisement: