I don't have a lot of spare time any more but I do track my rides on RideJournal.com
* (Ride, Log, Repeat) and PolarPersonalTrainer.com
(for Polar Heart Rate monitor customers).
- 50 miles per week
- 75% of my rides as base rides at 75% or less max Heart Rate **
- Ok to take 2 weeks off and/or allow for busy times when riding is impossible.
- Don't be too killer about missing rides
I can view ride, month, quarter, and year totals on Ride Journal and on Polar Trainer I can report on Heart Rate comparisons , total weekly hours, weight, miles and rides over periods of 1, 3, 6 and 12 months.
I just can't figure out why that weight line doesn't keep trending downward.
* There is a SWAMP Club entry on Ride Journal, under the Clubs selection.
** It is amazing how much you learn about fast riding and conserving energy by limiting your max heart rate for a training ride