Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Alafia 5/30/09 Trail Update  (Read 3194 times)

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
Alafia 5/30/09 Trail Update
« on: May 30, 2009, 07:00:02 PM »
Okay, so some trail updates for those who care or take care of the trails.

Bridges - great condition - slight bypass is opening back up just before the long uphill paver climb.
Roller Coaster - meh condition - several bypasses are opening up on hard option #1. One bypass goes to the left of the big drop on the option and the other bypass is actually skipping that entire part of the trail and cutting through the woods. I blocked off the one that goes through the woods and the other one, but not sufficient enough to last. In addition, the downhill into the hard option has some really bad erosion from wet brake dragging.
Gatorback - okay condition - some bad erosion on the first hill climb into the trail next to the wood water retainers. Our rock downhill thing we built the other day looks great and is holding up fine.
Franks Loop - great condition - no issues to report
Shelly's Loop - okay condition - long downhill on the trail that got fixed before is starting to worsen again...yes and no right?
Northcreek - okay condition - there is a slight wash out of the earth, but don't remember where it was?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:02:24 PM by KRUNNCHERO »
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
Re: Alafia 5/30/09 Trail Update
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 08:38:48 PM »
That first bypass you described on hard option #1 on Rollercoaster, is actually the old line.  I saw that the debris had been moved and someone had ridden it last week.  I informed Art about it.  He said he'd check it out if he had the time.  And the downhill into that option is definitely getting bad again. 

Thanks for the rest of the report as well.
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2016 Scott Genius 740
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 09:33:10 PM »
Thanks Krunnch, I was really wondering how things were holding up out there. WTF are you doing on North Creek? You know you have a reputation to keep up. Just getting your fitness up for the new frankenrig? Saw Paintboy today and he mentioned that he was gonna paint the frame soon. He might have said that he was doing it today.
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 06:30:29 PM »
WTF are you doing on North Creek?

He's working on his cardio so that when he gets the Frankenbike, he's going to smoke us all.

I rode North Creek with him last Saturday, and he told me I was going too fast.  If you can believe that.  ME=FAST...LOL...not.  I think he just wanted to make me feel good so that when he blows the Ibis away on the Frankenbike, I won't cry too much.  :'(
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 07:51:45 AM »
You were going a lot faster than normal speed that is for sure. I was at least in 4-5th gear the whole time (I have a road cassette as well). Could be that I had carried boulders that entire morning. Who knows, but I definitely was off that day.
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 10:26:25 AM »
So I kept an eye out for these short cuts that Krunnch was talking about and sure enough they are out there. Saw two on Rollercoaster and one on Gatorback just after the paver climb. The shortcut there is way worse than just doing the tight switchback ???   I wasn't really bothered by the idea of shortcuts until I went out there and saw them for myself. It really does chop up the trail.

Rollercoaster had a short one through the trees that looked like took some work. I can't for the life of me understand what the point is. They are in stupid locations that just don't make any sense. I guess the one right by the entrace to the hard option of Rollercoaster is to avoid that gnarly downhill followed by the small jump but you have to go the wrong way to use it. One other guy said he saw a new trail out on the hard option after you do that big drop. Is that a legal trail?

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 10:48:23 AM »
Are the bypasses on Rollercoaster and Gatorback still blocked catman?

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 10:55:57 AM »
They are blocked with small branches and what not as far as I could tell but I didn't stop and do a full on inspection. As you are aware I am riding way to fast to notice much ;D

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 11:15:28 AM »
They are blocked with small branches and what not as far as I could tell but I didn't stop and do a full on inspection. As you are aware I am riding way to fast to notice much ;D

Whatever you do, don't go left on the Rollercoater option #1 after you come down the paver hill...I think a small ATV would get stuck in it.  >:(

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 01:49:49 PM »
Whatever you do, don't go left on the Rollercoater option #1 after you come down the paver hill
If you carry enough speed, you can launch right over that tiger pit that you dug. ;)   Not that I would ever do that...just sayin.  ;D
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 01:59:06 PM »
Whatever you do, don't go left on the Rollercoater option #1 after you come down the paver hill
If you carry enough speed, you can launch right over that tiger pit that you dug. ;)   Not that I would ever do that...just sayin.  ;D

Now I am going to make it super long with spikes in it. If that doesn't work....well there is always that massive tree to the upper left that may or may not accidentally COVER the entire thing.

Not to mention Ibis's cannot 'launch'... Might void the 'fragile' fine print.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 02:02:23 PM by KRUNNCHERO »

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 02:29:30 PM »
Not to mention Ibis's cannot 'launch'... Might void the 'fragile' fine print.

I beg to differ.  ;)

Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 08:54:18 PM »
I like how they are zoomed out. Probably a Kona when you get up close.  :-*

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 09:00:20 PM »

I don't think a heavy a#$ Kona can get that high.  ;D
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 10:58:58 PM »

I don't think a heavy a#$ Kona can get that high.  ;D

Don't make me come over there and pop your 'bubbles'!  :P

Advertisement: