Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Stolen Bike  (Read 2460 times)

Offline tcbaiza1

• First Bike
Stolen Bike
« on: June 08, 2009, 10:50:00 AM »
Hey guys and girls, just putting the word out, my bike got stolen. It's a 2003 Trek liquid 20, large size, blue, has a marzocchi bomber front fork, pro taper bars, juicy 7 hydro's, and mismatched wheels, rhynolite front, stock back. It happened fri. 06/05/09 at my house, and I kinda have given up hope, but if anybody has seen it, or knows anything can you please call Tom at 941-323-6744, I would be more than happy to throw some cash to whoever may be able to help me get it back. I know its a longshot, but i figured this might be the place to ask. Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Stolen Bike
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 12:00:55 PM »
that sucks man, hope you get it back. Do you have the serial number so you can report it to the police? Start looking around at the pawnshops, might get lucky.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 12:09:38 PM »
Feel for ya, but dont give up hope.

Few years back (2002) my boy got an awesome deal on a cool Brand New 00' GT Avalanche, he rode it once around his block, a few days later he came home after a night or partying and left his garage door open... Bike dissapeared...This all hapenned in Pasco County..

6 months later, a buddy and I were on our way to school @ SPC in clearwater and what do i see out of the corner of my eye??? a scumbag waiting for his kid at a bus stop on the bike.. I told my friend, "i know that's our friends bike".. he was like no way.. then i said "im turning around because i know that's the bike, i helped him build it"... Anyhow, we turned around and sure as hell, that was the bike. same Frame protectors which gave it away.. I confronted the dude which said that it was his exwife's boyfriend's bike, he just got out of jail.. we made him get in the car, put the bike in the trunk and took him to his ex wife's house to confront her. he went inside the house, came back out and said.."please dont call the cops, just take the bike"..

Turned out that the ex-wife lived 2 houses down from my buddy in pasco with the boyfriend...

Sorry for the long story, but that has tought me not to give up hope.. you may see a dirt ball on the bike..

post a picture of it if you have any.

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 12:18:56 PM »

Few years back (2002) my boy got an awesome deal on a cool Brand New 00' GT Avalanche, he rode it once around his block, a few days later he came home after a night or partying and left his garage door open... Bike dissapeared...This all hapenned in Pasco County..

6 months later, a buddy and I were on our way to school @ SPC in clearwater and what do i see out of the corner of my eye??? a scumbag waiting for his kid at a bus stop on the bike.. I told my friend, "i know that's our friends bike".. he was like no way.. then i said "im turning around because i know that's the bike, i helped him build it"... Anyhow, we turned around and sure as hell, that was the bike. same Frame protectors which gave it away.. I confronted the dude which said that it was his exwife's boyfriend's bike, he just got out of jail.. we made him get in the car, put the bike in the trunk and took him to his ex wife's house to confront her. he went inside the house, came back out and said.."please dont call the cops, just take the bike"..

Turned out that the ex-wife lived 2 houses down from my buddy in pasco with the boyfriend...

Sorry for the long story, but that has tought me not to give up hope.. you may see a dirt ball on the bike..

did you end up calling the cops?
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Offline tcbaiza1

• First Bike
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 12:25:56 PM »
I have checked some local pawnshops, no luck. I'll keep checking though, I have noticed that every time I see a blue bike I do a double take!

Offline tcbaiza1

• First Bike
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 12:29:38 PM »
I did file a police report, it wont do much, but at least it's on paper.

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 12:34:51 PM »

did you end up calling the cops?

Nah, cause the dirt ball who originally stole the bike was MIA. and the scum who was on it was honest...

Offline Rockhopper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 02:47:18 PM »
Hey -- Do you mind explaining how the bike was stolen as a warning to the rest of us? It won't help you get your bike back, but it might make it harder to steal others.

Was it locked? In a car? Attached to a rack? Etc. Thanks

Offline tcbaiza1

• First Bike
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 03:34:36 PM »
Don't be a dumba** like me, I left it unlocked in the bed of my truck overnight. It was at my house, which is on a dead end street, in a decent neighborhood, with no kids. Don't get complacent. People will take advantage if they see an opportunity. The officer I filed the report with said I wouldn't beleive how many people are filing reports for stolen property. Sign of the times I guess. But it wouldnt be a bad idea to check the locks on windows, bring losse items in the garage, etc...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 03:37:07 PM by tcbaiza1 »

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 04:47:39 PM »
Don't be a dumba** like me, I left it unlocked in the bed of my truck overnight. It was at my house, which is on a dead end street, in a decent neighborhood, with no kids. Don't get complacent. People will take advantage if they see an opportunity. The officer I filed the report with said I wouldn't beleive how many people are filing reports for stolen property. Sign of the times I guess. But it wouldnt be a bad idea to check the locks on windows, bring losse items in the garage, etc...
No lie theft is up.  I live in a good neighborhood - a dude a few blocks away from me had his security camera running that caught a couple of guys with a hand gun in his driveway at 3:a.m. trying to get into his vehicle.  They ended up breaking into a truck a couple doors down from him.  They showed the video to the cops and the cops know who the thugs are and are looking for them last I heard.  Lock it up guys.

Offline Slowy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 07:00:25 PM »
It was at my house, which is on a dead end street, in a decent neighborhood,

the 'DECENT' neighborhoods are where the thugs go to trick-or-treat. They know that their crap-arse 'hood don't have anything, so they go to the 'decent' neighborhoods....
Joe

"a smite a day keeps the trailbugs away"!

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 07:35:04 PM »
It was at my house, which is on a dead end street, in a decent neighborhood,

the 'DECENT' neighborhoods are where the thugs go to trick-or-treat. They know that their crap-arse 'hood don't have anything, so they go to the 'decent' neighborhoods....

true story. One of my neighbors had a crotch rocket stolen, he left it in the garage with the key in, left the door open one night. I'm always super careful about leaving my garage door open, especially since that happened.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2016 Scott Genius 740
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 10:55:57 PM »
I don't even leave the garage door open when mowing the back yard. I also store all of my bikes with the front wheel removed. Makes it a bit harder to ride away on the bike. Dumb ass thief would spend way to long trying to find the wheel that fits the bike he wants. Mix of 29'r, 20mm axles, and QR skewer set ups.
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline TN1978

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • 09 Rockhopper Comp Disc
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 11:05:45 PM »
i hope you get your bike back or at least the person who stole it breaks his leg on it. when i was a kid we had alot of punks who would go around and steal the younger kids bikes. i had a GT pro series fac. team race bike and some a-hole cut my cable lock and stole from my front yard.I ended up getting it back a year later of course all the parts had been replaced with junk
It's all fun & games until someone gets hurt then it's hillarious

Offline mmountainbiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Favorite Trail: Boyette
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek EX 9.7 OCLV Mountain XTR/XT- RLC-FIT/Evol re:aktiv factory
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 11:47:33 PM »
I had my 2001 trek 8000 stolen from my unlocked car in front of my home in a good neighborhood. It was in perfect shape waxed and everything. Thank goodness they didnt take my sons 24 inch specialized FSR.
It took 2 years for getting a new bike to be a top priority. My new 2009 trek 8000 is in the den now.

Advertisement: