Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Reba's  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Jim DeLuca

• Cycling Sherpa
Reba's
« on: June 12, 2009, 07:38:37 AM »
I have left my lockout on during my last 2 rides, and I guess haven't noticed a difference.  Has anyone ever done this?  Maybe its just me being use to rigid forks, or I need to stop following my indian heritage and leave the peace pipe at home. 

Offline Daniel

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Re: Reba's
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 07:59:01 AM »
I think I read somewhere that NI had done this as well.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents" H.P. Lovecraft

Offline J. Ryan

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 08:00:45 AM »
I've never ridden with a rigid fork but i've done this a lot. Mostly at Boyette.

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 09:17:46 AM »
I've done the same thing with my old reba. Even when locked out that fork still has a small amount of travel...so it still feels cushy compared to my rigid and neved noticed it was locked out until the end of the ride.

Offline Jim DeLuca

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 10:00:53 AM »
Yeah they kinda work better locked out.....Hmmm good selling point for Reba's.  NI has suspension forks?   Don't tel l me he actually has gears to.

Luis

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 10:05:51 AM »
Yeah they kinda work better locked out.....Hmmm good selling point for Reba's.  NI has suspension forks?   Don't tel l me he actually has gears to.

He does.

Offline Jim DeLuca

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 10:49:40 AM »
Gears, and suspension forks!  Please don't tell me he rides an F/S.   I guess he is no longer my hero.  I no longer will share my indian heritage of the peace pipe with him.

Luis

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »
Gears, and suspension forks!  Please don't tell me he rides an F/S.   I guess he is no longer my hero.  I no longer will share my indian heritage of the peace pipe with him.

You rigid singlespeed guys are hardcore!  ::)

naked indian

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 12:07:42 PM »

LOL,

Ya, I got a reba and gears on there at the moment.....The reba is radder locked out, or, even better, I have turned the lock out knob halfway and it works good, I also pump 150 psi in each leg to make it as stiff as possible.

Offline Jim DeLuca

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 03:05:37 PM »
Lockout 1/2 way.....I gotta try that one.  Also I guess ya need the gears for someplace to put your thumb. 

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2016 Scott Genius 740
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 03:12:53 PM »
I've got you beat! Was running like 60psi in mine and went so far as to ask the Naked Indian what it should have in it. When I went to air it up I noticed a huge sticker on it showing all of the rider weights vs psi. :-[
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 03:30:12 PM »
I like to run my fox fork locked out and then adjust the blow off to let the shock work when it hits something - it is kind of like pro pedal for the fork

Offline Jim DeLuca

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 03:53:19 PM »
I've got you beat! Was running like 60psi in mine and went so far as to ask the Naked Indian what it should have in it. When I went to air it up I noticed a huge sticker on it showing all of the rider weights vs psi. :-[
I like to run my fox fork locked out and then adjust the blow off to let the shock work when it hits something - it is kind of like pro pedal for the fork

Yeah the sticker.....I got mine used and called the lbs and they told me to look at the sticker.  I told them what sticker?  They thought I was a moron.  Finally, did I realize 5 minutes later the sticker was missing.

I think you guys are on to something with using the lockout as an adjustment.  I like to run my forks stiff, so I cranked them up to 180 PSI.  That day I started realizing the front tire wasn't sticking, but kept riding.  Well, I went through the little rocky ditch at Boyette, and lost traction and did a cool OTB.  Atleast, I was able to amuse Gary.  Anyway, I run them at 150 now, but will start messing with the lockout.
Dang Air and oil shocks.....we all should just go back to rigid bikes with coaster brakes. ;D

Offline Slowy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 06:35:37 PM »

You rigid singlespeed guys are hardcore!  ::)

real hardcore riders use the 'pedal back' brakes, not those discs or v's
Joe

"a smite a day keeps the trailbugs away"!

Offline drb81

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: is slow
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 06:47:11 PM »
coaster brake = "pedal back" brake
[/don]

Advertisement: