Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Work day today 6/13  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Skinman

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: 08 FSR 29er
Work day today 6/13
« on: June 13, 2009, 07:42:26 PM »
I want to thank everyone I worked around today. I did the morning shift with my young son and everyone made us feel very at home. he was very proud of himself, he worked hard and got to see some good results as a trail was made where there was not one before. being a father I am always concerned about bringing my son into a group of strangers I dont really know. I will bring him back! he was very proud. I took him home after the morning shift and he passed out by the time we reached 75. I didn't want to push him too hard......
All in all it was a great experience for him and he wants to do it again.
Anyway, thanks to those who who worked around us and treated him like one of the pack.

gary, when will it open? PJ wants to know!!
"Dad, these pedals are terrifying!"

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Work day today 6/13
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:01:03 PM »
I want to thank everyone I worked around today. I did the morning shift with my young son and everyone made us feel very at home. he was very proud of himself, he worked hard and got to see some good results as a trail was made where there was not one before. being a father I am always concerned about bringing my son into a group of strangers I dont really know. I will bring him back! he was very proud. I took him home after the morning shift and he passed out by the time we reached 75. I didn't want to push him too hard......
Anyway, thanks to those who who worked around us and treated him like one of the pack.

We had one awesome workday with 25 volunteers!  This addition to Spider Berm will make an already great trail even better.  Glad to have you and your son working with us today. We're thinking one more workday of about 3 or 4 hours and it will be a done deal.  I can't wait to ride it. 

Also....drum roll : : : : : Sidewinder, SWAMP Thing and Ridgeline got opened today!  Yes!  I know a lot of you folks will be happy to hear that.  We still have work to do on them, but for now we can ride it.
 :)

Offline Jim DeLuca

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 08:08:52 PM »

I'm glad to here he enjoyed himself!  I have been bringing my son out for awhile, and he is hooked on trail work and riding.  I can tell you from my own experience everyone has always helped me keep an eye on him.  I always think of SWAMP as not a club, but a large family.

Did you get the bike together for him? 

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SUPPORTING OUR TRAILS By DONATING $30/yr for a SWAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP!
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • *SPECIALIZED & SCOTT* My SWEATSHOP BOUTIQUES!
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
  • Favorite Trail: BOYETTE/P-TRAIL
  • My Bike: 650b SPECIALIZED EPIC & SCOTT FOIL 15
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 08:05:23 PM »

We had one awesome workday with 25 volunteers!  This addition to Spider Berm will make an already great trail even better.  Glad to have you and your son working with us today. We're thinking one more workday of about 3 or 4 hours and it will be a done deal.  I can't wait to ride it. 

Also....drum roll : : : : : Sidewinder, SWAMP Thing and Ridgeline got opened today!  Yes!  I know a lot of you folks will be happy to hear that.  We still have work to do on them, but for now we can ride it.
 :)

Trails were sweet today Garry, Thanks for all you guys do!

Offline Skinman

• Cycling Sherpa
Bike and vids...
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 08:16:32 PM »
Voodoo...got the bike 99% finished see attached. I just need a cable for the derailer...it is a single speed for now!
I dont think I will buy a fd. It will be a 1x9 for now. I just finished it bout an hour ago.

Hey Karlos..nice to meet you...where are the vids??
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:33:28 PM by Garry »

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
Re: Bike and vids...
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »
Voodoo...got the bike 99% finished see attached. I just need a cable for the derailer...it is a single speed for now!
I dont think I will buy a fd. It will be a 1x9 for now. I just finished it bout an hour ago.

Hey Karlos..nice to meet you...where are the vids??

it's Carlos.. Karlos is the Naked Indian..

Im working on some of the vids right now. some of the vids came out kinna ''chitty''(if ya Know what i mean).. the mount was screwed up.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:33:58 PM by Garry »

Offline Skinman

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »
Sorry Carlos...bout the name.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:34:25 PM by Garry »

Offline ProEdgeBiker .

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • PROEDGEBIKER.COM
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 08:27:37 PM »
Sorry Carlos...bout the name.

LOL! no prob.. vids take 45 mins to make a 5min video....
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:34:55 PM by Garry »

Offline Jim DeLuca

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 09:42:09 PM »

Awsome first bike!  I bet he can't wait to hit the trails with it.  My son has been riding 1X7, and it's not been a big deal for him.  Actually, it's probablly been better for him.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 10:13:46 PM »
Good to finally meet you today Carlos.  Trails were good.  What was the time that your buddy made it through Ridgeline?

Offline jbennardo

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: 2010 Giant XTC29er1
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 10:43:02 PM »

Great to work with you. Now I remember you, I heard you call your son's name a few times. I was the guy with the big blade trimmer and my buddy had the saw. Can't wait til that trail is finished so we can enjoy what we've built!

Advertisement: