Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: This is not easy  (Read 2129 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
This is not easy
« on: January 11, 2007, 06:42:20 PM »
Staying in shape to be able to ride the long rides, race  competitively. It is a lifestyle! Trying to keep up with other riders is tough. They're younger and stronger, they have endless amounts of money to spend on the latest  and the best and they seem to have all day to ride and get those miles in. Whats a guy supposed to do? My wife came home today after being at costco. She has this huge bag of mixed candy, big boxes of assorted chips, all kinds of other unfriendly to MTB'ers food stuffs. What am I supposed to do?I work all day,  I try to exercise and ride, run, do push ups and sit ups and finally settle down and relax, watch a movie  or TV  and the temptation is right there, in my face! Help! Its a losing battle!  I'm going down. Noooooooooo!
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Fisher473

• First Bike
Re: This is not easy
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 07:52:56 PM »
Few weeks before the races tell the young once that sugar boost that metabolism and gives them energy. 3 times a day and as much as they can get...Worked for Arnie....

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 08:14:21 PM »
Eat up fat boy! ;D

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 09:20:36 PM »
Eat the candy!!!!

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 05:56:50 AM »
I agree Fisher473. Reminds me of last year before the 12 hour at Razorback. Me and the gebroni's knew we were out of shape and weren't going to have a competitive  race so we thought of a way to try and gain an advantage to try and make it a little closer. Every other day or so we were stopping by AJ's Bike shop and giving the comrades a fresh box box of donuts, a cake from Publix, any thing that we  could to try and fatten up some of the competition. Didn't work though. They smoked us and took some podium.  We would have had some podium if the places started from the bottom and worked up.   :P
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 11:49:56 AM »
Hmmm... You weren't only fating them up.  You were also fating up their customers.  Everytime I went in they would offer me free doughtnuts, cookies, nachos and whatever they had.  That is why I like AJ's.  Is just not going to an LBS to shop and spend money.  Is like going to hang out with friends.

Have you tried their new expresso coffee machine?  Man, I can't get enough of those...

If you are doing any of the endurance races (IDIDARIDE or CROOM), bring hte goodies with you.  We'll help you eat them.  Let us know what category you going to be doing at Squiggy.   What out for "2 Fat Guys & 1 Older Guy" team.  They are going to kick butt at the over 120 beginners category!  BRING IT!

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 04:08:04 PM »
OOOOOOOOh yeahhhhhh!  ;D Be on the look out6 for more donuts and I think I'll go with dropping off soda  at AJ's. The soda is a killer on the mid-section! I'm thinking vernors and barq's root beer. Who can resist a can of cold root beer while wrenching on the bikes! I'll be checkin' out yer team there Mr. Sandpine! I should be in the over 120  beginner category also.  Haven't decided on a team name yet but when you see it  you will no it's the Ellsrider! Representin!!!!!!!!  ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 06:38:30 PM »
We will be representin' the fat guys!!!!

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 08:43:39 AM »
Update: willpower 4 , candy 1.       
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 08:59:54 AM »
ha, ha, you come off of a ride like yesterdays and muck it up with junk.  you are a weak little man.  ;D you need to get that stuff out of your house and take it to aj s.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 09:21:18 AM »
Not true, grasshopper !  One is most vulnerable at there weakest moment. I had not eaten breakfast or lunch and the forbidden fruit was placed upon my table. The weakness was day one, I was hungry and could not resist.
" Not this time, Lance"

Advertisement: