SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Yesterday at 06:27:07 PM] Skinman: I like that place...when I'm healthy

[Yesterday at 06:27:19 PM] Skinman: Its a true cross country ride

[Yesterday at 06:27:34 PM] ProEdgeBiker: let's just say, it was not what they expected.. but how do you describe it to them..right? 

[Yesterday at 06:28:03 PM] Skinman: Hopefully I'll catch u next time...dinner call gotta go!

[Yesterday at 06:28:20 PM] ProEdgeBiker: we ended with 25mi for the day, but the last 4miles was HELL!

[Yesterday at 06:28:46 PM] ProEdgeBiker: late

[Yesterday at 06:28:49 PM] Skinman: LOl....Alafia and Boyette are totally different expiriences!

[Yesterday at 06:28:56 PM] Skinman: late

[Yesterday at 06:31:31 PM] Paintboy: I thought I cleared all those spiders yesterday.

[Yesterday at 06:34:26 PM] Scott: It's gotta be sweet at Croom right now

[Yesterday at 06:34:55 PM] Scott: Hittin Tuesday after work YEEEE HAAAAA

[Yesterday at 06:35:49 PM] Scott: it

Advanced search  

News:

SWAMP Forums - Please login and join our community.
Anyone can register here for free and login for access to additional boards and topics.  Look near the top left of this page for the register or login links.  SWAMP mountain bike club members have additional access to trail maps and club business topics.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: First Look: 2010 Specialized Mountain Bikes  (Read 1137 times)

ProEdgeBiker

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • You Know It!
Re: First Look: 2010 Specialized Mountain Bikes
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 01:35:37 PM »
A really fast whisper quiet Anthem!

Dan-o, is never the bike, just give him props cause you think he's fast.

Man... and I was just about to sell my Stumpjumper to get the Giant so I could be faster! ::)
Seriously does it really bother you that people say Specialized squeak? I could care less what people think about my ride. Hell whenever I ride Im lucky to see another Specialized but could care less.

Do you think it bothers me? i can give 2 F's what people say about what bike make what noise.. all i know is that my bike doesnt and that's all I give a Sh*t about.

BillT

• is straight outta Locash.
  • SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 01:39:05 PM »
Some funky looking designs...at least they have gotten away from the over the top paint schemes they had on a many of their models the past couple of years.
Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy, sir.

ProEdgeBiker

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • You Know It!
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 01:45:54 PM »
A whisper quiet Anthem X 8)

OOh a Giant.. you know who makes Giants right?

garry henderson, jim smith, bob higgins.. i'm not naming all the guys that work at Giant

Slowy, im talking about the Company, not the designers, engineers that create it.

Anyhow, i always found it funny when people that ride Giants have funny/bad comments to make about Specialized because Both Giant/Specialized are made by the same company Merida in Taiwan(for the ones that didn't know).

Everyone has different tastes in Bikes...
Scott prefers to Pay $$$ for a bike that should be Carbon IMO, and I dont. If i had the Amount of $$$ the "quiet" Anthem X cost, i rather get an 2010 "Squeeky" Sworks. But again.. that's just me.. and To each their own....

drb81

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 02:00:03 PM »
for someone that doesn't care, they sure do get awlful defensive.  ::)
[/don]

ProEdgeBiker

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • You Know It!
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 02:02:19 PM »

Not defensive.. just actual. like i said.. it's Ironic on who says what.

Scott

• SWAMPer
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 03:33:43 PM »
Dude, lighten up :D It is a long running joke here in the forum about the squeak factor of Specialized bikes. As far as the X, I will stick with the durability of Aluminum. My Aluminum frame is 5 pounds, carbon ain't going to be any lighter and would place a shelf life on the frame. And as far as $$$ goes, show me where you can get one of the best current XC race frames for $1250. As far as who makes Giant bikes, have a read straight from the Bicycle retailer and industry news factory and suppliers guide, enjoy:
Giant - You may have ridden a bicycle made by Giant without knowing it! Giant is the world's largest bicycle manufacturer with factories in Taiwan, China, and Europe. Giant, a Taiwanese company started in 1972, manufacturers their own bikes - including the carbon bikes, which is unique in the industry (i.e., most other brands utilize other manufacturers such as Advanced or Martec).

In addition to making their own bikes, Giant also makes, or has made, bikes for many other prominent brands, including Trek, Specialized, Schwinn, and Bianchi. Giant's claim to fame is that they have the most sophisticated and efficient manufacturing facilities in the bicycle industry.

In this age of available technology information and copycat manufacturing, modern bikes are so similar that you would be hard pressed to get a lemon :)

ProEdgeBiker

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • You Know It!
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 03:41:46 PM »
Dude, lighten up :D It is a long running joke here in the forum about the squeak factor of Specialized bikes. As far as the X, I will stick with the durability of Aluminum. My Aluminum frame is 5 pounds, carbon ain't going to be any lighter and would place a shelf life on the frame. And as far as $$$ goes, show me where you can get one of the best current XC race frames for $1250. As far as who makes Giant bikes, have a read straight from the Bicycle retailer and industry news factory and suppliers guide, enjoy:
Giant - You may have ridden a bicycle made by Giant without knowing it! Giant is the world's largest bicycle manufacturer with factories in Taiwan, China, and Europe. Giant, a Taiwanese company started in 1972, manufacturers their own bikes - including the carbon bikes, which is unique in the industry (i.e., most other brands utilize other manufacturers such as Advanced or Martec).

In addition to making their own bikes, Giant also makes, or has made, bikes for many other prominent brands, including Trek, Specialized, Schwinn, and Bianchi. Giant's claim to fame is that they have the most sophisticated and efficient manufacturing facilities in the bicycle industry.

In this age of available technology information and copycat manufacturing, modern bikes are so similar that you would be hard pressed to get a lemon :)

Exactly!

luckynumber9

• First Bike
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 04:21:20 PM »
interesting turn in this thread. 

ProEdgeBiker

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • You Know It!
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 04:37:03 PM »

Lucky,

now you can see what i meant.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 04:41:19 PM by ProEdgeBiker »

slowfatguy

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 05:01:31 PM »

that's what makes it so darn funny. Somebody makes a comment about squeaky Specialized and everyone waits to see when Proedge is gonna blow another gasket. It's like clockwork, everyone knows it's gonna happen.
Jason.
Garry says I get a trail building star!

catman

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2009, 05:05:47 PM »
My good friend has an Specialized and we go around and around about what is better etc. It is 100% joking though and is all in the name of fun and male bonding........this is clearly not.
Well, at least I'll have cool scars to show my grandkids.

ProEdgeBiker

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • You Know It!
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 05:15:22 PM »

that's what makes it so darn funny. Somebody makes a comment about squeaky Specialized and everyone waits to see when Proedge is gonna blow another gasket. It's like clockwork, everyone knows it's gonna happen.

No gaskets are been blown SFG, we're actually laughing about it here. We actually decided to post this thread waiting for that type of reply.

Again, to each their own.

ProEdgeBiker

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • You Know It!
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 05:20:42 PM »
My good friend has an Specialized and we go around and around about what is better etc. It is 100% joking though and is all in the name of fun and male bonding........this is clearly not.

I would never say "my bike is better than yours to anyone" Cat, and if you've seen every single one of my threads, i've never came even close to that. growing up in a Bike Shop and in a Racing Family, i'm a true believer that the bike has nothing to do with anything, i've seen people win races on Tanks.

not sure how me posting a thread about the 2010 bikes for an FYI for people that like the S, turned into this by me simply asking Scott, what type of bike he rode after he made the funny joke of squeeks.....

I  did find it funny that it was a Giant though, same Merida makers.... i think it may actually be across the hall from each room..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 05:22:49 PM by ProEdgeBiker »

treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 05:39:40 PM »

Lucky,

Anyways I want one of these http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=534002

ProEdgeBiker

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • You Know It!
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 05:42:35 PM »

Lucky,

Anyways I want one of these http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=534002

That is SICK! my boy wants the same but he just kicked out $3500K for a new bike
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.434 seconds with 18 queries.