Author Topic: Went riding but I need help  (Read 1061 times)

Offline dirtrider410

• First Bike
Went riding but I need help
« on: July 03, 2009, 08:12:04 PM »
Alright so had a really good ride today at Croom. Surprisingly there were still super sandy spots after all that rain we had... and next to no standing water, everything was in real good shape. Well I started at the tower on the yellow trails to the blue to the 8 mile bail out, everything was going great until I decided to try to find the Drunken Monkey, I've read that the trail head is just south of 8 mile bail out so I rode south of the bail out and saw a trail off to the right probably 1 minute south of the bail out but it didn't look like much of a trail so I figured that wasn't it so I continued on (plus i didn't see the animal skull if that's even there anymore)... and on... and on... till finally probably 5-10 minutes south of the bail out and I saw an option to go right so I took it, not much off a fun trail really grown in at some spots and looked nothing like what the videos of the drunken money look like. So go figure it loops right out to the trail just south of the bail out that I decided to pass on because it didn't look like that great of a trail not to mention it had logs placed in front of it. But I finished up my ride heading south to blue to red to yellow to truck, sorry for such the long post that was only my 3rd time out there and I just want to find that trail and I really hope that wasn't it that I was on. Any info would be great...

Thank you,
david 
If you don't crash how do you know your limits . . . ?

Offline Meerkat Surprise

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Amateur Billy Goat
Re: Went riding but I need help
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 08:35:24 PM »
You were in the right spot, but from your description it sounds like you might have ridden one of the enduro trails. If you're coming from the north, Drunken Monkey will be on your left, not the right. You'll encounter the traditional exit (without any signs) just after you hit the brief section that goes along the hunting road. If you continue around on the Easy Rider bypass, you'll hit the signs at the 'beginning' after about 500 yards.

Offline dirtrider410

• First Bike
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 09:05:11 PM »
that was the problem I was looking to my right don't know why I thought it was on that side... so from the 8 mile bail about roughly how far south... and when you say along the hunting road what are the hunting roads... sorry for lack of knowledge just not super familiar with the trail system out there... I guess I figured it wouldn't be on the left because that would put you on the main road.. last question after you head south for awhile it comes to a T the first time I took a left are you suppose to go right... Thank you for replying I appreciated it

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 11:05:41 PM »
Spounds like you went backwards on the blue which you would have passed the 12 mile bailout, then come up on the 8 mile bailout.  Going in this direction you would not likely have seen the skull as it would be on the opposite side of the tree going in this direction.  Do you have a map of the trail? It's just beyond the pits area on the map.

Offline dirtrider410

• First Bike
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 09:53:24 AM »
Yup I have a map and am sorta familiar with the pits... so is the trail head actually north of the 8 mile bail out... and north or south of the pits cause every time i've headed north out of the pits I take the ridge trail to the left if that matters ... ? thanx for you reply