Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Linked Events

• Croom #3 Club Ride: January 28, 2007

Author Topic: Croom Club Ride, Tucker Hill (#3) parking lot  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Forum Manager

• Administrator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Use the big ring!
    • SWAMP Mountain Bike Club
Croom Club Ride, Tucker Hill (#3) parking lot
« on: January 16, 2007, 10:09:03 PM »
Sunday, Jan 28, 2007  9:00 am

Tucker Hill parking lot (by the firetower)

26416 Croom Rd  Brooksville, FL 34601 *

Guides leave the parking lot at 9:00 am so arrive in time to setup

Address estimated for best map driving directions performance.
Do NOT use map directions that include Sikes Cow Pen Rd
Are you a SWAMP Mountain Bike Club member? Ride Guide?
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.

Offline Pariah

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: Croom Club Ride, Tucker Hill (#3) parking lot
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 02:25:34 PM »
I am planning on hitting Croom this Sunday as a newbie to Croom.  I've ridden Wilderness and handle what that has to throw my way.  As this will be my first ride at Croom what group would be best for me to run with?  I usually do B group, or B- at Wilderness since I'm new to the sport.
WARNING  This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2778, et seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 et seq.). Violation of these export laws are subject to criminal penalty

Offline jpap2002

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 07:45:56 PM »
Just wondering what is the average ride for a c+ or b group. My girlfriend and I are wanting to push ourselfs alittle harder. Look forward to the ride........

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 08:03:43 PM »
Do you mean speed or distance?

Gregg

Offline Forum Manager

• Administrator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Use the big ring!
    • SWAMP Mountain Bike Club
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 11:11:55 PM »
Picking the right group to ride with can mean the difference between a good day and a bad day.

Pick a group that is too fast and you burn yourself out in less than 10 miles, plus you may get left behind. 
Picking a group that is too slow or stops too often for you might be frustrating.

It all depends on your experience, the trail system and the number of miles you are used to riding.

I suggest first time riders to Croom pick the C group.  The miles are long and the climbs seem longer.  If the group is not enough of a challenge for you then enjoy the scenery and learn the trails.  Better to take it easy your first time then to be left trailside gasping for air.

A B- minus rider at Wilderness Park might also ride in the C or slowest B group at Croom. The sand, climbs and long distance trails are a good challenge.

Bring plenty of water and a snack or two. Plenty of water means at least 50 oz or two large water bottles. (24 oz variety, not the normal 16 oz)
Are you a SWAMP Mountain Bike Club member? Ride Guide?
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 10:25:34 AM »
Don't forget the BBQ after the ride this weeknd.  Please RSVP to Ken Orlando (GRUFF) before you show up.  Bring $5 and it will get you a ton of food and good social after the ride.  If you need GRUFF's email, is korlando (at) tampabay.rr.com   Trust us, you don't want to know why we call him the GRUFF.  LOL....   ;D ;D ;D

The C group normally does the  yellow loop.  The B- group would probably ventured a bit into the red loop and come out on parking lot 2 and go back to yellow loop.  We also like to go to the clay pit in the south east and the abandoned pits on the north west to play a bit.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 02:40:49 PM by Forum Manager »

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 11:16:02 AM »
Hey Marcel,
Are you going to be able to ride this weekend?  Hope your feeling better.....
Should be a fun warm up for the 50 next weekend...

-Bob  ;D
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Advertisement: