Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Introducing "Trips for Kids Tampa" the new Official Chapter of Trips for Kids  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
Hello everyone, I would like to introduce Trips For Kids Tampa.  A few of you may be familiar with us already.  For those of you that are not, I would like to take a minute to tell you about our organization. 
Trips For Kids Tampais the newest Chapter of the Trips For Kids National organization.  With over 60 active chapters operating in three countries, Trips For Kids has opened the world of cycling to over 50,000 kids through mountain bike trips and earn-a-bike programs.  Trips For Kids' chapters combine lessons in personal responsibility, achievement, and environmental awareness through the development of practical skills and the simple act of having fun. Trips For Kids Tampa is an IRS Approved 501(c)(3) non-profit charity that is fully tax exempt and donations are fully tax deductable.
Our chapter here in Tampa will have a strong focus on environmental education.  We want to introduce the kids to the great parks, preserves, greenways and of course, mountain bike trails we have in our area and instill in them the importance of getting of involved in the preservation and conservation of our natural resources. 
Through our rides, we also hope to provide the children we work with the tools they need to build a positive self-esteem and a sense of responsibility and achievement.  The main theme of our initial rides will be, "keep your eyes focused on what is in front of you… on the trail and in life."
We have been in development for the last six months and will be holding our Inaugural Ride in August.  Trek has been kind enough to donate five brand new bikes and Just Ride Bicycles in Fish Hawkhas volunteered to assemble them free of charge. In addition, Park Tools has donated a 32-piece bike tool kit and work standAdventure Medical Kits donated first aid kits and Dave from AJ's Bikes and Boardshas been extremely gracious in helping us to raise money and awareness for our organization.
To become involved with Trips For Kids Tampaplease visit our website. Also, please join our yahoo group and stay up to date on upcoming events and volunteer opportunities.
We need Ride Guides and Volunteers
To become a Ride Guide it is imperative that you attend the first few rides to learn the structure and curriculum of our program.  You must be a skilled mountain biker, be knowledgeable in trailside repair, have the patience and enthusiasm needed to work with children and a desire to promote mountain biking to underprivileged kids. 
Also all Ride Guides are required have a current CPR/1st Aid Certification Card. If you are not CPR/1st Aid certified but would like to be a Ride Guide, we have arranged for a free class to be taught in the next couple of weeks.  The class will be open to everyone, not just Ride Guides.   To sign up for the Free CPR Class email tfktampa@yahoo. com with the subject "CPR Class"
Leadership Positions Open  Ride Coordinator Volunteer Coordinator Grant Writer

Chris Kiddy - President
Trips for Kids Tampa Inc.
www.mtbyouthride.org

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
Jeez, that was hard to read.  I think you may have missed a color.  8)
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline hcsorider

• Huffy Rider
darrin i  wil help i am cpr certified. tell me what i need to do.
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME.

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
For all interested in helping in anyway (other than font color commentator, TTT has that postion filled) please email Trips for Kids President Chris Kiddy at tfktampa@yahoo.com. Any and all help will be appriciated, even TTT's! If you dont have time and would just like to donate money, we are a 501 (c)(3) charity and your donation is fully tax deductable.

Offline ClintonRH

• Cycling Sherpa
Hello everyone, I would like to introduce Trips For Kids Tampa.  A few of you may be familiar with us already.  For those of you that are not, I would like to take a minute to tell you about our organization.
Trips For Kids Tampais the newest Chapter of the Trips For Kids National organization.  With over 60 active chapters operating in three countries, Trips For Kids has opened the world of cycling to over 50,000 kids through mountain bike trips and earn-a-bike programs.  Trips For Kids' chapters combine lessons in personal responsibility, achievement, and environmental awareness through the development of practical skills and the simple act of having fun. Trips For Kids Tampa is an IRS Approved 501(c)(3) non-profit charity that is fully tax exempt and donations are fully tax deductable.
Our chapter here in Tampa will have a strong focus on environmental education.  We want to introduce the kids to the great parks, preserves, greenways and of course, mountain bike trails we have in our area and instill in them the importance of getting of involved in the preservation and conservation of our natural resources.
Through our rides, we also hope to provide the children we work with the tools they need to build a positive self-esteem and a sense of responsibility and achievement.  The main theme of our initial rides will be, "keep your eyes focused on what is in front of you… on the trail and in life."
We have been in development for the last six months and will be holding our Inaugural Ride in August.  Trek has been kind enough to donate five brand new bikes and Just Ride Bicycles in Fish Hawkhas volunteered to assemble them free of charge. In addition, Park Tools has donated a 32-piece bike tool kit and work stand.  Adventure Medical Kits donated first aid kits and Dave from AJ's Bikes and Boardshas been extremely gracious in helping us to raise money and awareness for our organization.
To become involved with Trips For Kids Tampaplease visit our website. Also, please join our yahoo group and stay up to date on upcoming events and volunteer opportunities.
We need Ride Guides and Volunteers
To become a Ride Guide it is imperative that you attend the first few rides to learn the structure and curriculum of our program.  You must be a skilled mountain biker, be knowledgeable in trailside repair, have the patience and enthusiasm needed to work with children and a desire to promote mountain biking to underprivileged kids.
Also all Ride Guides are required have a current CPR/1st Aid Certification Card. If you are not CPR/1st Aid certified but would like to be a Ride Guide, we have arranged for a free class to be taught in the next couple of weeks.  The class will be open to everyone, not just Ride Guides.   To sign up for the Free CPR Class email tfktampa@yahoo. com with the subject "CPR Class"
Leadership Positions Open  Ride Coordinator Volunteer Coordinator Grant Writer

Chris Kiddy - President
Trips for Kids Tampa Inc.
www.mtbyouthride.org

better

Advertisement: