Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: No one ever gets hurt at Morris Bridge right? (Or why might someone want Aflac)  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Redriderpro

• Redriderpro
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Devinci Atlas carbon 29er
Tuesday night ride, victim of a vine that snagged his bar at about 14 mph, much like me all he had time to do was, wonder what happened.

Two broke bones(arm just above his wrist) and dislocated wrist, probably surgery next week. Ugly pics.

He'll be back.

ps. I had told him about AFLAC and I think he even ran into Greg last week on the TNR. But did not sign up.

Note to Greg, sharpen those selling skills! 
"Big Dogs Like It Rough!"

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
Too timely.  Are you the one that put up that post a while ago about this?  If so, can you p.m. your buddy's info?  I am interested.  I ride too reckless not to be covered.  Thanks in advance.
God is great, beer is good, people are crazy!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Frank.....Was it Jeremy? Really!!!!????

Offline Skinman

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: 08 FSR 29er
Oh man...I think some SWAMPers need to go to skills training... ::).
I have the AFLAC forms on my desk....got them the same day I broke my ribs....go figure.
I have to use the agent my company tells me to use or I would send the business to my fellow SWAMPER
"Dad, these pedals are terrifying!"

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
Gregg, you should put AFLAC brochures with your card attached and some stories of wrecks (Garry, Sam W, my thumb.. :) ) in the kiosks at all the Parks (WP, Boyette, Carter, Alafia..) you will increase your business a ton! Set up a tent at the FTF as well!

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
I luckily had the accident insurance when I crashed - after all the Dr bills I got a new pinarello road bike with Zipp wheels

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Frank and all,
It could be worse.  Two years ago at a TNR someone died.  Riding alone after getting to the TNR start late.  I belive it was a broken neck or may have been a known condition.  The true culprit was never known.  At least to me or I just don't remember.  BUt a SWAMPer did died there two years ago in October.

Offline Redriderpro

• Redriderpro
  • SWAMP Club Member
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Devinci Atlas carbon 29er
Yeah, Gregg it was Jeremy.

Coach, see Gregg's thread above he can fix you up with AFLAC.
( Gregg know where to send my money right?)

Skills needed? There's always room for improvement but I would match my tech skills with anyone, sometimes S_ _ _ just happens.
"Big Dogs Like It Rough!"

Offline $irWattZZZZ

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Ibis Mojo HDR, WaltWorks 29er,Devinci Atlas, Cannondale EVO
Frank AKA Franks loop is a very skilled rider indeed :-* As Frank said it could happen to anybody anywhere, Ask Garry another of Swamps more Skilled riders.

Offline mmountainbiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Favorite Trail: Boyette
  • My Bike: 2012 Trek EX 9.7 OCLV Mountain XTR/XT- RLC-FIT/Evol re:aktiv factory
I remember a guy died during a race at markam park.  As I was racing down the doubletrack I had to move out of the way for the ambulance.

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
Not to sound like a shill, but I spoke with Greg and some of the accident coverage is very inexpensive for what you get.  Not to mention the piece of mind.  I know Greg won't pimp himself on here.  Afraid of what some will say, so I will say, at least call him. He will send you the info VERY quickly.  I got my stuff less than an hour after hanging up the phone with him.  No pressure, and we talked bikes more than insurance.  Skinman, you are the straw that finally made me p/u the phone and do something.  So, know your pain is my gain...sort of.  By the way, I also ordered one of those RoadID things that is interactive.  A first responder can call and get all your vital info that you provide.  It was $20 and it includes the first year of the interactive info thing.  It is $10/year after that.  Anyway, I know I'll feel a little more at peace the next time I hit the rollers at the Vortex  ;D

Offline Skinman

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: 08 FSR 29er
If I had been covered even the minimum payout ($35) would have covered my co-pay and prescription expense.
I wonder if AFLAC has stress coverage to help you with all the abuse you take from fellow SWAMPers?
"Dad, these pedals are terrifying!"

Offline Kevin Bennett

• Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Space Ghost
I wonder if AFLAC has stress coverage to help you with all the abuse you take from fellow SWAMPers?
No. But, Capt. Morgan does  ;D

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
all the abuse you take from fellow SWAMPers?

;D
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Frank and all,
It could be worse.  Two years ago at a TNR someone died.  Riding alone after getting to the TNR start late.  I belive it was a broken neck or may have been a known condition.  The true culprit was never known.  At least to me or I just don't remember.  BUt a SWAMPer did died there two years ago in October.

I think that was almost 4 years ago, I remember the guys name was Don ( I think). It turns out we rode right by him. They found him at about 10 p.m. after his wife reported him missing. Awful story. I believe that he had a heart attack and as he went down snapped his neck.

He was an avid cyclist.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:23:06 PM by Gregg »

Advertisement: