Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Thanks!!!  (Read 3751 times)

Offline gibsonra

• First Bike
Thanks!!!
« on: January 21, 2007, 02:41:10 PM »
Thanks guys for letting Marcia and I join you at the fire at Ididaride. You made the trip a blast. If you are ever in North Georgia give us a call for a ride in our backyard. See you next year.

Alan Gibson
gibsonra (at) juno.com
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 11:54:08 PM by Forum Manager »

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: Thanks!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 08:15:59 PM »
Hi Alan,
The bon fire sure was a memorable one.  Especially for those of us that stayed until the "after most go to sleep"   I didn't know dead Christmas trees could make a fire raise that high.  I am sure aliens from out of space could see that fire.  WOW!!!!  Some pictures from last night will surface soon and I’ll post a link on here.  It was my first IDIDARIDE and I for one am glad I was able to finish.  I fought a chest congestion all day and my good friends pulled me along for the last 15 miles.  It fealt as if I only had half of lung left when I got done.  Riding a 50 miler with a heavy chest congestion only makes it worse that's for sure.  But we finished and that was our goal.  A big THANK YOU to Janice, Kelly, Bob, and Forrest.  We all think they should change the name from Ididaride 50 to Ididaride 56!

As for joining you in North Georgia, we are booked for a trip to Ellijay.  We will first be going to Tsali, NC on April 6 for three days.  From there, we will settle at Ellijay, GA for another five days of riding starting 4/9/2007.  If this is near you, please come out to say hi.  There are about 30 SWAMPers going.

Are you doing the Croom 50 in two weeks?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 08:27:16 PM by MrSandPine »

Offline gibsonra

• First Bike
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 08:34:47 AM »
I remember you there. You were hurting for sure. I am not sure how you did what you did.

You Florida folks are pretty tough. Of course we have the hills but that sand and grass is not easy. There isn't any coasting or resting in Florida. I can ride all day in the mountains but that ride kicked my butt.

We are going to be around here for the next month. We have an off road triathlon in two weeks so that is our next challenge.

I will watch this forum to meet you guys in Ellijay. You have got to do Pinhoti. In my opinion it is the best trail in Georgia. There are some secrets to doing it that make it better that I can share with you guys. If you do an out and back it is near impossible, at least for me.

See you there and if you need any information, help, lodging, etc just let us know.

Alan and Marcia Gibson
gibsonra (at) juno.com
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 05:04:02 PM by Forum Manager »

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 09:29:06 AM »
I don't know how either...  ;D  Thanks for the kind words.  We will pass them on to all of SWAMP.  I will post and email you more information on our trip in April.  Here are some links to the pictures.  I am sure the SBA folks will be posting their own pictures soon.  Art North took most of the pics on the link below after the finish.  I didn't bring my camera so I only took a few with my crappy cell phone camera.

My other pics:
http://sports.webshots.com/album/557147802mhgYvE

Art North's pics:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jrrollman/album?.dir=/f6f1re2&.src=ph&.tok=phKGrKGBJ0_lEFFX

Advertisement: