SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Yesterday at 11:55:50 PM] Skinman: My bike didnt make funny noises today. Thats a victory

[Yesterday at 11:56:26 PM] billnye: o/ Funny silences!

[Yesterday at 11:56:31 PM] billnye: \o/

[Yesterday at 11:56:42 PM] billnye: bastard shoutbox ate my arm

[Yesterday at 11:57:32 PM] Skinman: I ride an FSR silence IS golden!!!

[Yesterday at 11:59:37 PM] billnye: my current ride doesn't have any issues, but I rode for years on a set of Profile cranks that creak up a storm

[Today at 12:01:25 AM] Skinman: AJ's found my problem...a Friggin skewer with grit in it

[Today at 12:01:39 AM] Skinman: thing would wake the dead

[Today at 12:01:58 AM] Skinman: I thought it was the bottom braket

[Today at 12:02:40 AM] Skinman: Loudest thing on abike I ever heard. Tonight...not a sound

[Today at 12:03:13 AM] Skinman: just my ribs grinding together trying to keep up with 23 mph Gregg

[Today at 12:30:37 AM] mmountainbiker: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Advanced search  

News:

Croom 35 / 50 event was Fun! (Feb 14, 2009)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alafia 7/26/09 Trail Update  (Read 231 times)

KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Global Moderator
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • Evil thread hijacker!
Alafia 7/26/09 Trail Update
« on: July 27, 2009, 11:58:58 AM »
Rode Alafia 7/26/09...see below:

Bridges - okay condition. The big downhill before the paver climb needs the alternate original downhill route blocked. I most likely will do this once I get some time to get out there.

Shelly's - okay for me (in fact fantastic), but really bad for others. The downhill is really getting gnarly and I love it, but it could be dangerous for others. I really would like to work alongside Art and Jason on this one to get it more capable of handling water, but still maintain the difficulty of the downhill.

Frank's - okay condition. Few trees need trimming, but nothing really major.

Rollercoaster - It needs a trimming in my opinion.. Everything else seems fine with it. All blockades have held.

North Creek - didn't ride..

Gatorback - didn't ride..

Moonscape - didn't ride..

Sandpine - didn't ride..

Riverloop - didn't ride..
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

cgarolr

• Amatuer Billy Goat
Re: Alafia 7/26/09 Trail Update
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 12:06:08 PM »
North Creek - great, especially after the maintenance
Gatorback - bad Saturday, good Sunday morning as someone fixed a few troubled spots; however a drop near the end (not the last drop) was really sandy and I flipped (Clay can attest!)
Moonscape - didn't ride but my friend did and said it was GOOD.

Of course, it DID rain alot yesterday and last night, so who knows now!
It's all fun and games 'til someone loses an eye.  Then it's just a game: FIND THE EYE!!!

BillT

• Death Blossom!
  • SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 12:11:08 PM »
Sandpine - didn't ride..

Quit telling fibs...we all know you just rode multiple loops on Sandpine this past Sunday and the real reason your derailleur busted on you was because it was embarassed by your under-utilization of the Kona.
You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Aramada.

kj

• SWAMPer
  • Huffy Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 12:54:32 PM »
North Creek - the trimming 2 weeks ago is still doing well.  Had to muscle a fallen tree out of the way shortly after the first bridge.  The short break worked out well though because another rider passed by and then I had a rabbit for the rest of the trail.  Looks like someone dumped fresh sand in some low spots.  Still needs more trimming this Saturday.  I'm wearing IvyBlock and long sleeves, enough of this itching and pus'ing.  :)

Agreed on Shelly's Loop - rideable but our group did have one faller at the bottom of the rough descent.  Fortunately it was into the soft sand but a moment of concern nonetheless.  The good line is right up the middle of the rock pack.  Nice job to whoever rebuilt that.

Gatorback - got to it before the rain and it's proving to be my nemesis again.  I tried the last hard climb a few times and couldn't clean it.  ARGH!

Bridges - getting harder, getting more rutted each weekend.

Sandpine - really needs a full on assault with trimmers and weedwackers. Only got about 200' into it before my 7yr old kid gave up and we turned back.  Rideable but lots of slappers and scrapers.

I wont even touch Moonscape during this time of year so I have no idea, well I have some idea, that's why I avoid it.

KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Global Moderator
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • Evil thread hijacker!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 01:05:47 PM »
Sandpine - didn't ride..

Quit telling fibs...we all know you just rode multiple loops on Sandpine this past Sunday and the real reason your derailleur busted on you was because it was embarassed by your under-utilization of the Kona.

TripleT must be training you as a back up internet bully!  :o
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

cgarolr

• Amatuer Billy Goat
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »
Gatorback - got to it before the rain and it's proving to be my nemesis again.  I tried the last hard climb a few times and couldn't clean it.  ARGH!

That "S" climb (well S in reverse) is really been rutted out, hasn't it?  Sure is tough on the rigid SS
It's all fun and games 'til someone loses an eye.  Then it's just a game: FIND THE EYE!!!

kj

• SWAMPer
  • Huffy Rider
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 04:22:28 PM »
it has indeed.  It's a great workout but a little frustrating to concede failure after 4 attempts, must try harder!  :D

cgarolr

• Amatuer Billy Goat
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 04:33:09 PM »
I have to adjust my shimano pedals, as my foot slipped out multiple times this weekend during strenuous climbing attempts...but I like the ease of getting in and out quickly the rest of the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 18 queries.