Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Trips for Kids Tampa Needs Your Help NOW!  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
Trips for Kids Tampa Needs Your Help NOW!
« on: July 30, 2009, 08:29:55 PM »
Hey Folks!

I dont mean to sound like a begger, but Trips for Kids Tampa needs Funds NOW. We have gone through most all of our cash (plus lots of personal cash) getting the needed liability insurance (big amount), office supplies, checks, equipment, and other things we have needed to get ready to kick-off next month. We had a trial run with 8 kids yesterday at trout creek and it went very well, but we are desperate for cash to make this program work.

Please visit our website here http://www.mtbyouthride.org/Donate.html and click on the "DONATE" icon to donate any amount you can via PayPal. Pass the link on to friends and family and anyone who loves children and/or mountain biking! Receipts will be provided if you need them for Tax purposes since all donations are tax deductable. If you have already donated, we Thank You with all our Hearts!

We could also use a few more bikes in good shape since we already have a few bookings with a decent amount of kids.

This is going to be a GREAT Program and I hope some of you can help support the us with a donation, volunteer time, or any other way you can!

Thank You All Again!

Please Contact Chris Kiddy at tfktampa@yahoo.com with any questions...

Offline Chris K

• Trips For Kids Tampa
  • Amateur Billy Goat
    • TFK Tampa
Re: Trips for Kids Tampa Needs Your Help NOW!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 09:50:27 PM »
Darrin,

Next thing you know you are going to be on the side of the road at a stop light with with a sign...."Vietnam Vet Needs A Bike and some Money"

In all seriousness though Darrin is right.  We have had about $5,000 worth of equipment donated to us and as great as that it is only enough to allow us to work with 5 kids a ride.  Demand for our organization has been even greater than expected and we have had agencies contact us looking to get 50 to 100 kids on a ride.  We would love to reach that many kids but cant do it without help.  A little bit from a lot of people would go a long ways.  Please consider donating whatever resources you can in these difficult times, whether it be your time, your money or the old bike you have sitting in the garage. (remember donations are tax deductible)

Alright Darrin..... take the sign back and get back on the street corner its your turn again.
Trips For Kids Tampa- Mountain bike outings and educational opportunities for "at risk" kids www.mtbyouthride.org

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
Re: Trips for Kids Tampa Needs Your Help NOW!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 07:50:52 AM »
Darrin,

Next thing you know you are going to be on the side of the road at a stop light with with a sign...."Vietnam Vet Needs A Bike and some Money"

Do you think that would work? I may try that!

Advertisement: