Author Topic: Where's the trail?  (Read 1020 times)

Offline RKL

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Amateur Billy Goat
Where's the trail?
« on: August 01, 2009, 04:00:21 PM »
Riding Croom Thursday I lost the blue trail on top of the big hill west of the short cut between Forest Rds. 2, 5, 4 & 7.  I was riding counterclock wise and came up the hill from the east, but ended up on the hiking trail coming down the other side.  Area had been burned so there wasn't anything on the ground to show an obvious trial.  I ended up backtracking and taking the short cut north.  What'd I miss?

Trails were in great shape.

Offline Meerkat Surprise

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Amateur Billy Goat
Re: Where's the trail?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 04:29:06 PM »
Were you on Sugar Mt.? If so, the bike trail is to the right of the hiking trail if you face West on the top.

Offline Scott

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 05:00:14 PM »
The controled burn has camoed the trail in a few places, nothing a little traffic and some fresh greenery won't fix :)

Offline Dan-o

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: NINER EMD 1X9
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 06:07:49 PM »
The controled burn has camoed the trail in a few places, nothing a little traffic and some fresh greenery won't fix :)
Yeah like to FS road sign that was burnt down laying on its side! Hard to tell what road it was ;D
wherever you go.....there you are.
Just a big Hooper!

Offline SandPine

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • SS Bender
    • <b>SandPine's Ride Reports</b>
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 08:57:51 PM »
Were you on Sugar Mt.? If so, the bike trail is to the right of the hiking trail if you face West on the top.
I am not sure if is west or north but if you ride the blue Counter Clock wise (as he was) when you get over the last switch back to the top of the hill you have to stay on the left.  If you go right you encounter the orange Florida hicking trail.  Done that myself a few times.