SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 02:56:38 PM] Darrinw2001: now now Fe.. T-bow is not a blowhard like most... 

[Today at 02:58:33 PM] FACTORe: I know

[Today at 02:58:42 PM] FACTORe: he is great

[Today at 02:59:00 PM] FACTORe: I will be glad when he is gone so the Tigers don't hav to face him any more

[Today at 02:59:16 PM] FACTORe: Tebow or Urban Myer have never won at Tiger stadium - let's keep it that way

[Today at 03:01:52 PM] mksandoz: tebow sucks

[Today at 03:02:17 PM] mksandoz: if i could kill 1 person in this world

[Today at 03:02:21 PM] mksandoz: it would be jdk

[Today at 03:02:24 PM] mksandoz: THEN tebow

[Today at 03:03:12 PM] Coach: that would be TWO people.

[Today at 03:03:19 PM] mksandoz: 1 = 2

[Today at 03:03:33 PM] Coach: 2 is the new 1

Advanced search  

News:

SWAMP Forums are available to anyone who wants to join in, register now for free by clicking the register link near the top of this page. Registered guests who login have access to additional boards and topics. Please note that all official SWAMP club communications still come from the Yahoo! e-group.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clipless question  (Read 610 times)

StonePony

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
Re: Clipless question
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2009, 11:01:06 PM »
If you really feel you need a platform then there is nothing like the Time Atacs they are fantastic pedals.
That's really what I'm mulling over -- all these years I've basically stuck with a variety of SPDs, which I've gotta say are very durable and low-maintenance, however to be honest most of that time the riding was fairly high-speed XC stuff.  A lot of hard climbing and fast downhills, but not much technical action.  Living around here now, it seems there are times on certain trails in these parts where the ability to have some platform available would seem to provide an advantage.  Looking at the Atac xs reviews on mtbr now -- nice pedals.   :)

Skinman

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2009, 05:30:44 PM »
I upgraded to Candy SL today. Paid the difference as my others were under warranty. AJ's didn't hesitate. I like doing business w/those guys....easy in and out, no hassle. The SL bearings feel much better than the cheap A$$ smarty's. Dont buy the Smarty's whatever you do!
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

ProEdgeBiker

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • You Know It!
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2009, 05:59:39 PM »
I upgraded to Candy SL today. Paid the difference as my others were under warranty. AJ's didn't hesitate. I like doing business w/those guys....easy in and out, no hassle. The SL bearings feel much better than the cheap A$$ smarty's. Dont buy the Smarty's whatever you do!

NICE! o yeah, i didnt believe my buddies when they were telling me they were having a tough time with their Candy C & Smarty till i jump on them.. SL is the way to go!

jimn213

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • El Enmascarado de Plata
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2009, 06:58:37 PM »
I've been a SPD guy for 13 years, and switched this year to Crank Bros (Candy C's).  They have been great.  No complaints from me....From the Crank Bros specs, the only difference I see between the Candy C's and SL's is the spindle....SL is stainless vs cro-mo.  To me the price diff is too much just to save 20 grams.... 
Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world.
- Publilius Syrus (1st guy ever on a mailing list)

ProEdgeBiker

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • You Know It!
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2009, 07:09:09 PM »
I've been a SPD guy for 13 years, and switched this year to Crank Bros (Candy C's).  They have been great.  No complaints from me....From the Crank Bros specs, the only difference I see between the Candy C's and SL's is the spindle....SL is stainless vs cro-mo.  To me the price diff is too much just to save 20 grams.... 

You're lucky, My wife has the Pink Candy C's with SL insides but it must be something with the spring then, they are hell to get out of..

Gregg

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Crazed Bunny with limited traction on leaves.
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2009, 07:52:46 PM »
If you really feel you need a platform then there is nothing like the Time Atacs they are fantastic pedals.
That's really what I'm mulling over -- all these years I've basically stuck with a variety of SPDs, which I've gotta say are very durable and low-maintenance, however to be honest most of that time the riding was fairly high-speed XC stuff.  A lot of hard climbing and fast downhills, but not much technical action.  Living around here now, it seems there are times on certain trails in these parts where the ability to have some platform available would seem to provide an advantage.  Looking at the Atac xs reviews on mtbr now -- nice pedals.   :)

No doubt, honestly if they werer lighter they would be on my bike, and I would have never even tried the Eggbeaters.
"You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire. Once the flame begins to catch, the wind will blow it higher"

jimn213

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • El Enmascarado de Plata
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2009, 10:52:22 PM »
From the Crank Bros specs, the only difference I see between the Candy C's and SL's is the spindle....SL is stainless vs cro-mo.

Weird....the updated Crank Bros site shows the same specs for both the SL's and the C's....except for the SL price (higher) and weight (lower)...Something's screwy there.... ???

Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world.
- Publilius Syrus (1st guy ever on a mailing list)

ProEdgeBiker

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • You Know It!
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2009, 11:23:55 PM »
From the Crank Bros specs, the only difference I see between the Candy C's and SL's is the spindle....SL is stainless vs cro-mo.

Weird....the updated Crank Bros site shows the same specs for both the SL's and the C's....except for the SL price (higher) and weight (lower)...Something's screwy there.... ???

Yep, It Looks like someone messed up...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 18 queries.