Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Weather/Whether to do El Legharto  (Read 2296 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Weather/Whether to do El Legharto
« on: January 25, 2007, 08:13:43 AM »
Rain on Sunday might keep me from partaking in this sundays el legharto race. Cannot see or race during rain because of my vision correcting headwear.  Hopefully it stays dry.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Weather/Whether to do El Legharto
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 09:02:43 AM »
dont be scared of a little rain. you will be following your boys. I will tell you when to turn and when to brake. ;D

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:31:31 AM »
It will bea race day decision. At the speeds we will be riding at I's gots to has my perepherials!!  :D
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline steve

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 09:09:19 PM »
thats part of the fun,just do it man ;D

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 09:35:25 PM »
Right now the forecast is for the rain to end around 8 AM on Sunday morning. Ells I think you'll be fine, the trails could be sketchy in some parts but they should be fast...

good luck to you guys... ;D   we'll be up at Croom gettin ready to finish off the last 50 miler!    8)

=Bob
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 10:05:54 PM »
I'll be there as long as its not raining. Wearing glasses is very difficult to ride when its raining. I can't see the trail without  glasses and once the glasses get rain drops all over the lenses you lose most of your vision. For me its a safety issue. Its ok  to ride  and putz along the trail but once the speed picks up its too risky. Hopefully it does stop raining in the AM. I plan on going out there and hoping the rain is dwindling down by the start of the race. I've never ridden 6 hours solo before, looking forward to see how far I can go.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 09:12:13 PM »
As Jody Foster said in the movie Contact as she was getting ready to blast off in the space machine - "I am good to go. I repeat , I am good to go". Weather looks like it will be fine by race time. Pre rode the course today and it was rolling sweet. A couple of low tree limbs and a few tight sqeezes between the old oaks but otherwise its like the frickin autobahn! I rode today in what I think will be race speed and it came out to 11.2 mph average. Lets see how long I can ride that pace. Taking about 6 gu's, 3 bagels, 1 can of tuna. 1 extra large snickers bar, 2 bananas,1 apple, 2 containers of HEED energy drink, water, 2 bottles of yuenling beer, 3 jerseys, 1 towel and a good attitude. 
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 09:40:43 PM »
Good luck!!!  I will be rooting for you from right here on the couch!

Gregg

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 11:28:08 PM »
kick some heiney there cletus! sounds like  you took the pantry with  you for the race though...LOL

good luck.

-Bob   ;D
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 07:29:46 AM »
It looks like a near perfect day for riding. It rained most of the night here in Lithia so I'm expecting some mud and wet roots. That should be to my advantage as my super honed skills will not let that slow me down. My pre race goals is 11 laps, right around 60 miles. My computer registered 5.6 mile lap yesterday for the corporate course. After doing the San Felasco ride I really appreciated all the different food that was available so I figured its better to have lots of out there and available then to be left wanting something if I left it back home. Hopefully the second beer will be a victory beer. Today is the debut of our race team  -  813 Racing. Nothing short of a top 15- 20 finish for all members is expected. With the rains last night, some expert riders might drop from the Red course and do the Corporate so that will be the biggest factor on our results.  First 3 places gets a cash reward.  Last of the rain is going through Lithia right now, 7:25 Am.  It should be fun. I decided not to switch out tires. Too lazy. I'll go with the Hutchinson Python up front and the Kenda Kozmik Lite 2 in the rear, but I think I'll bring a Mythos and a Panaracer just in case.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Forum Manager

• Administrator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Use the big ring!
    • SWAMP Mountain Bike Club
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 08:51:55 AM »
Sunday was a fabulous day to ride.

How did it go?  How many goals were met?
Are you a SWAMP Mountain Bike Club member? Ride Guide?
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.

Advertisement: