SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 11:10:56 AM] FACTORe: I am at a stage where my fitness passed up my skill level

[Today at 11:13:31 AM] FACTORe: so I have the fitness to take the mtb corners and obsticles faster than my ability to ride that sort of stuff

[Today at 11:14:01 AM] FACTORe: so I have plateaud mtbing

[Today at 11:16:13 AM] Scott: you need to take the NI "U don't have to crash " class

[Today at 11:16:23 AM] Scott: LOL

[Today at 11:42:07 AM] FACTORe: I am teaching a new class - "you don't have to puke to ride 100 miles"

[Today at 11:44:04 AM] Scott: that will be very popular

[Today at 11:47:38 AM] FACTORe: I might be the best rider in the state at not puking while doing centuries

[Today at 11:48:15 AM] FACTORe: I always race my imagination and win without puking - FACTORe really impresses me some times

[Today at 11:50:31 AM] FACTORe: Scott - you are the first rider that inspired me to want to ride shirtless

[Today at 11:51:01 AM] FACTORe: FACTORe needs to work more on his amazing body a little more b4 I can ride shirtless though

[Today at 12:01:57 PM] Scott: I hate shirts

Advanced search  

News:

Thank You for participating in our Forums!  You add character to our site!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mother nature hates me....again  (Read 111 times)

Alan

• SWAMPer
  • Cycling Sherpa
Mother nature hates me....again
« on: August 15, 2009, 03:32:11 PM »
As if dumping a large tree branch on my last bike wasn't enough...during the third ride on my new Paragon she decides to randomly throw some sort of vine into my rear derailleur today.  X9 went into spokes, wheel twisted the X9, der hanger snapped, cable is toast, X9 is toast, and I had to make a 1-mile walk of shame back to the Alafia parking lot.  Luckily the spokes and frame are good.  Separate derailleur hangers are a god send. 

Kicker is I just shipped out the X7 from my old bike last week.  It would have made a perfect/cheap fix.  Crap.   :-\

Gregg

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Crazed Bunny with limited traction on leaves.
Re: Mother nature hates me....again
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 03:58:48 PM »
As if dumping a large tree branch on my last bike wasn't enough...during the third ride on my new Paragon she decides to randomly throw some sort of vine into my rear derailleur today.  X9 went into spokes, wheel twisted the X9, der hanger snapped, cable is toast, X9 is toast, and I had to make a 1-mile walk of shame back to the Alafia parking lot.  Luckily the spokes and frame are good.  Separate derailleur hangers are a god send. 

Kicker is I just shipped out the X7 from my old bike last week.  It would have made a perfect/cheap fix.  Crap.   :-\

Been there....bummer!
"You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire. Once the flame begins to catch, the wind will blow it higher"

ProEdgeBiker

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • You Know It!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 04:02:16 PM »
Damn, we should of done some sort of trade..LOL!  http://www.swampclub.org/smf/index.php/topic,4579.0.html

Triple T

• SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • aka übermensch
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 06:54:02 PM »
If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

I feel your pain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 19 queries.