SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 02:56:38 PM] Darrinw2001: now now Fe.. T-bow is not a blowhard like most... 

[Today at 02:58:33 PM] FACTORe: I know

[Today at 02:58:42 PM] FACTORe: he is great

[Today at 02:59:00 PM] FACTORe: I will be glad when he is gone so the Tigers don't hav to face him any more

[Today at 02:59:16 PM] FACTORe: Tebow or Urban Myer have never won at Tiger stadium - let's keep it that way

[Today at 03:01:52 PM] mksandoz: tebow sucks

[Today at 03:02:17 PM] mksandoz: if i could kill 1 person in this world

[Today at 03:02:21 PM] mksandoz: it would be jdk

[Today at 03:02:24 PM] mksandoz: THEN tebow

[Today at 03:03:12 PM] Coach: that would be TWO people.

[Today at 03:03:19 PM] mksandoz: 1 = 2

[Today at 03:03:33 PM] Coach: 2 is the new 1

Advanced search  

News:

Thank You for participating in our Forums!  You add character to our site!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hand Numbness  (Read 236 times)

Scott

• SWAMPer
  • Cycling Sherpa
Re: Hand Numbness
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 07:23:31 AM »
Darrin and Dave are great LBS owners :)

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Outside Sport/813 Racing
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 07:27:28 AM »
LBS's that I have had good fitting experience with:

Oliver's
AJ's
Flatland
notice has been served - 813 racing is in the house

mmountainbiker

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
  • 2009 trek 8000
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 09:19:12 AM »
Bike shops love fits.  It's their time to pressure you into buying all kinds of crap while they have you cornered in their "fit studio".

I work for a bike shop and am a fitter and I don't like the way most shops (including the one I work for) utilize the fit time as their chance to sell "fit enhancing products" (gloves, shoes, pedals, carbon handlebars, etc).  the shop I work for rarel schedules me to do fits  because I refuse to go along with the "suckem for every penny we can while we have them 1 on 1" concept.  I'd like to elaborate but for fear of blowing my cover I'll shut up.  For those of you who didn't feel pressured into buying who knows what during your fit please post up the name of the shop.
WIth that said a fit will get you fitted on the bike.   theres not much secret knowledge to bike fitting (the only secret knowledge going through my shops $350 elite fit is pitch book lines), mostly experice. Most of it though can be done yourself through simple trial and error, and trying other peoples parts.   This can be a problem if your cycling network is not large though. 

Also make sure the person doing your fit has experience with FS bikes.  A lot of times (and this happens a lot here in FL)  the person doing your fit has all the fit certifications out there and a degree in some form of biomechanics or another but has never done much more than take a fs mtb for a lap around the parking lot.

I'll end the rant
Quite a dangerous post for someome who wants to keep thier job. Be careful friend cause jobs are hard to find.
W.A.F. !   who cares. If she don,t like it she can go live with her mother  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKIIxrUKxBg

steve

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 11:39:16 AM »
We only do it after you buy the bike and do not try to peddle anything else we are not a pushy shop by any means
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 18 queries.