SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 05:39:23 PM] Scott: We need to hit it then

[Today at 05:40:01 PM] StonePony: yeah - i honestly like the yellow loop a lot

[Today at 05:40:28 PM] StonePony: when i lived up there it was great to be able to do a quick 1-hour ride and buzz around that patch

[Today at 05:41:29 PM] StonePony: and when I had a little extra time, throw the red connector to sugar mtn in as well

[Today at 05:42:33 PM] StonePony: ok, time to roll -- see you tomorrow at 5

[Today at 05:42:40 PM] Scott: DanO want some Sugar, I am looking forward to it in a sick kind of way too LOL

[Today at 05:42:49 PM] StonePony: haha

[Today at 05:42:52 PM] Scott: C ya 

[Today at 05:43:01 PM] StonePony: ttyl

[Today at 09:30:57 PM] Skinman: Gregg...got your message ...no worries

[Today at 09:31:18 PM] Skinman: as long as I dont ride with Coach i am fine

[Today at 09:36:45 PM] Gregg: haha, I will let you know what is up tomorrow.

Advanced search  

News:

Thank You for participating in our Forums!  You add character to our site!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boyette work day  (Read 427 times)

hcsorider

• SWAMPer
  • Huffy Rider
Boyette work day
« on: August 04, 2009, 10:10:49 AM »
Just wondering if the work day is still on for saturday. We need to fix golfcart bad with all the hog damage i was going pretty fast threw there and hit a hole and then hit a tree man that was not fun. So i will be there to help fix it up.
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME.

Garry

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
Re: Boyette work day
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 10:20:31 AM »
Just wondering if the work day is still on for saturday. We need to fix golfcart bad with all the hog damage i was going pretty fast threw there and hit a hole and then hit a tree man that was not fun. So i will be there to help fix it up.
The workday is still on.  I'll post another announcement soon.  Thanks for the report on Golf Cart.  As you can imagine there is a lot of work that needs to be done at Boyette, so if a large workday happens, the work gets done faster.  If only a few show up, 1 or 2 things get done.  I hear there was some frustration out there and someone mangled up the "Trail Closed" sign.  Wish they would spend that energy on helping to get it reopened.  :/

Skinman

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 10:29:39 AM »
Gary, which trail had the sign mangled?
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Garry

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 10:41:08 AM »
Gary, which trail had the sign mangled?
I was told it was the sign we strung up across the entrance to Sidewinder and the back four.

hcsorider

• SWAMPer
  • Huffy Rider
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 12:41:53 PM »
Garry can i make a sugestion we start at 7:00.
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME.

cstrfrk

• First Bike
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 07:37:51 AM »
There was a lot of grumbling in the parking lot on Sunday.  I didn't go back there b/c I knew they were closed but there were some upset folks. 

SandPine

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
  • SS Bender
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 08:02:28 AM »
There was a lot of grumbling in the parking lot on Sunday.  I didn't go back there b/c I knew they were closed but there were some upset folks.
At one of the workdays while at the parking lot getting my gear ready to work, I had a group of riders asked me about Ridge line.  They didn't like to hear that it was still closed.  When I told them we had plenty of tools for them to join us even for one hour and they could keep riding after that, they didn't like that too much....  When they later came zooming by SpiderMan while I was fixing the hogdamge, I made them stop and walk around me while I continue fix the trail.  Okay, not that bad but I did make them stop before I let them go by....   ;D

Skinman

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 08:38:50 AM »
We are lucky in FL we can ride 12 months a year. It is the rainy season, trails get closed so that they can be here for the long haul. Its not like there is 4 feet of snow waiting to melt, we can still ride 80% of Boyette.
I dont mind people gripping much, its sucks the best trails are closed right now but thats just the way it is. If they were gripping it means they didnt ride it and good for them.
I would not have been happy if you heard that 'Ridgeline was awesome today" if you know what I mean.

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

StonePony

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 07:06:05 PM »
Some interesting characters out at Boyette sometimes.  I had a flat on Sunday, and had 8 guys ride by me (1 4x group, and 2 2x groups) while I was walking my rig the 2+ miles back to the parking lot to patch my tube (brought the wrong Blackburn in the Camelbak).  Not one of the dudes asked me if I needed a hand/tube/pump/water/tools/medical-attention/etc.

Probably the same champions that messed up the sign.

cgarolr

• Amatuer Billy Goat
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 11:10:45 AM »
I dont mind people gripping much, its sucks the best trails are closed right now but thats just the way it is. If they were gripping it means they didnt ride it and good for them.

I am confused...what are they "griPPing?"
It's all fun and games 'til someone loses an eye.  Then it's just a game: FIND THE EYE!!!

mmountainbiker

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
  • 2009 trek 8000
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »
Some interesting characters out at Boyette sometimes.  I had a flat on Sunday, and had 8 guys ride by me (1 4x group, and 2 2x groups) while I was walking my rig the 2+ miles back to the parking lot to patch my tube (brought the wrong Blackburn in the Camelbak).  Not one of the dudes asked me if I needed a hand/tube/pump/water/tools/medical-attention/etc.

Oppisite for me when I had that head on. One gentleman (forget his name) insisted he ride with me till I almost got to the 2 mile point. Another lady with a swiss/austrian accent patched me up on the trail ,Another guy tried to get my lever reattached, and at the car another gentleman set up a tent and help clean my finger and got me bandaged up real good b4 I went to the hospital. I think those people who didnt help you are the exception and not the norm.
W.A.F. !   who cares. If she don,t like it she can go live with her mother  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKIIxrUKxBg

Gregg

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Crazed Bunny with limited traction on leaves.
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 11:18:02 PM »

Oppisite for me when I had that head on. One gentleman (forget his name) insisted he ride with me till I almost got to the 2 mile point. Another lady with a swiss/austrian accent patched me up on the trail ,Another guy tried to get my lever reattached, and at the car another gentleman set up a tent and help clean my finger and got me bandaged up real good b4 I went to the hospital. I think those people who didnt help you are the exception and not the norm.

That is my experience with most mountain bikers.....I think the Stonepony's thuglike appearance is probably why he was snubbed. :o
"You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire. Once the flame begins to catch, the wind will blow it higher"

If you have any question regarding any policies or problems on the message boards, please contact me via PM or by email at Konagregg at gmail.com

StonePony

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 09:48:53 AM »
That is my experience with most mountain bikers.....I think the Stonepony's thuglike appearance is probably why he was snubbed. :o
Hahaha.... surprisingly clever!   :)   I must admit I was not particularly happy about having to walk all the way back out in that heat, with the bugs flying around my head the whole time, so I probably wasn't giving off lovey-dovey feelgood vibrations...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.325 seconds with 19 queries.