Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 03:46:39 PM] treadlight: Dan--cant do...baby duty

[Today at 03:46:43 PM] treadlight: i wish tho

[Today at 03:46:51 PM] Dan-o: got it

[Today at 03:47:05 PM] treadlight: thanks for the invite btw

[Today at 03:47:14 PM] Dan-o:  i have 3 and got the hall pass!

[Today at 03:47:26 PM] treadlight: same here..10, 7 & 3

[Today at 03:47:38 PM] treadlight: brb

[Today at 03:50:22 PM] FACTORe: I have a pomeranian

[Today at 03:50:32 PM] FACTORe: that is like a baby

[Today at 09:13:07 PM] mksandoz: TREADLIGHT LIVES

[Today at 10:16:10 PM] billnye: nowai!

[Today at 10:17:46 PM] billnye: HIF was good tonight... little misty sprinkle, no hard rain

Advanced search  

News:

SWAMP Forums are available to anyone who wants to join in, register now for free by clicking the register link near the top of this page. Registered guests who login have access to additional boards and topics. Please note that all official SWAMP club communications still come from the Yahoo! e-group.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: How bought a "Roadie/Tri" section?  (Read 438 times)

slowfatguy

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
Re: How bought a "Roadie/Tri" section?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 07:56:19 AM »
Some people have been acting incredibly childish lately, turning what used to be a friendly local MTB board into a soap opera. :(
Jason.
Garry says I get a trail building star!

drb81

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 08:09:16 AM »
I think a roadie/tri section would be fine. As someone stated to me if a thread didn't concern me than don't read it. How do I know what a thread is about unless I read it or more details are given? I asked a question about a previous post's content, I could have handled it better myself, regardless, if all the details were given or my question answered it possibly could have not turned into what it did. Had a post been in a roadie/tri section, I would not have ever cared what it was about.
[/don]

catman

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 08:20:48 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong Coach, but if someone said "hey Coach, post this in the food & nutrition" section when you get a chance, you would have responded by saying something like "oh, ok, didnt' see that section down there. I'll move it over in a min". "thanks for the heads up brother and see you on the trails". In other words there wouldn't have been an issue. I like that there are sections (maybe a few too many) but the sections help me avoid the stuff I'm not interested in as sometimes titles in the main sections are misleading. If there was a roadie section I'd avoid it, unless at some point I actually started riding my road bike. The heat has made me lose interest, not some feeling that somehow roadies are not equally as passionate about the sport we love which is cycling.
So if members want to talk about roadie stuff may as well have a section for it so as to not clog up the areas that the majority come here for. I also want a section called "flaming" for people who ride together and are flamers :)
Well, at least I'll have cool scars to show my grandkids.

catman

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 08:23:46 AM »
I think a roadie/tri section would be fine. As someone stated to me if a thread didn't concern me than don't read it. How do I know what a thread is about unless I read it or more details are given? I asked a question about a previous post's content, I could have handled it better myself, regardless, if all the details were given or my question answered it possibly could have not turned into what it did. Had a post been in a roadie/tri section, I would not have ever cared what it was about.

drb81<-------recovering roadie

drb81

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 08:30:04 AM »

drb81<-------recovering roadie

I have owned a couple of road bikes. keyword: owned. there's a reason I sold them off.
[/don]

catman

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 09:04:37 AM »
Some people have been acting incredibly childish lately, turning what used to be a friendly local MTB board into a soap opera. :(

I'm with you sfg. I've actually hesitated a few times when logging on due to all the drama and more recently have considered hitting eject. Not talking about joking around and trading harmless jabs, I'm talking about people basically calling others out to a fight or making personal attacks/threats.The forum is not as much fun as it used to be.

jbennardo

• stumpjumper
  • SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Pedals level.
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 09:10:40 AM »

I'm with you sfg. I've actually hesitated a few times when logging on due to all the drama and more recently have considered hitting eject. Not talking about joking around and trading harmless jabs, I'm talking about people basically calling others out to a fight or making personal attacks/threats.The forum is not as much fun as it used to be.
That's why I lurk. It's a jungle in here. ???
"It sucks being the best rider in your group."

-Catman

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Outside Sport/813 Racing
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 09:14:17 AM »
I apologize for how I reacted yesterday.  The problem is that Dr8 shouldn't have done something just to get a reaction.  (he said that is why he posted that)

The post was in the General Section because every year 10-15 swampers go do the 6 gap ride (it isn't a race so it shouldn't go in the race section)  There are 4 of us SWAMPERS that are going up two days early to ride Mountain bikes at Elijay.  Rather than letting a conversation take it's course where I was going to invite fellow swampers to ride mountain bikes with us, they were run off because somebody wanted to "bait" me into an argument. 

A thread that was intended to be a fun invitation for mountain biking got messed up because somebody wanted to cause trouble.

There are tons of threads that I am not interested in on here.  The simple solution is...when I see it is something that doesn't interest me, I simply move on and don't open it again.  As a mountain biker I am shocked at how some of you new jacks come across.  We are usually known as a friendly group that try to all get a long.  You are behaving like hard core roadies with these types of antics.

If you see a thread started by me...don't read it if you are scared it won't be about something you are interested in...it is that simple.  I don't go on your threads that I think are silly and meaningless and uninteresting and talk crap or try and "bait" you.   I expect the same respect from you.  Don't bother me and I won't bother you.  It is as simple as that.

If you don't have anything to add to a thread...move on.  Don't ruin other peoples threads and good intentions like you did on my thread.  Something that was intended to help out and be an invite to other swampers to ride some sweet trails in the mountains got ruined because a few people on here would rather "get a rise" out of me.  Next time you want to get a rise out of me...do it to my face.  That would be much more fun.

F e
notice has been served - 813 racing is in the house

firebiker

• SWAMPer
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 09:27:28 AM »
I couldn't agree more, fe.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

catman

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 10:07:11 AM »
I apologize for how I reacted yesterday. 
F e

If your post ended at the first sentence I would have thought that we were making progress.

Paintboy

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • If your going to go. Go clipped in
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2009, 10:15:04 AM »
You can't win FE.. ;)

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 10:16:27 AM »
You can't win FE.. ;)

that is the problem...I can't win..or lose...haha

slowfatguy

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 11:14:46 AM »
Catman, you are just as guilty as anyone involved man. The threads you started last week, and the comment you made in this thread, it's all to cause a problem. Giving a buddy a hard time is one thing, I think most of us can see the difference there.
Jason.
Garry says I get a trail building star!

Scott

• SWAMPer
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2009, 11:27:36 AM »
Bottom line is We are all just a bunch of bone heads enjoying a sport that started in our childhood, whether it be in the dirt or street. Some of us take it more seriously than others, but is that such a bad thing? Let's not forget we are riding bikes not defending our countries borders or trying to solve the national defecit. It's all about the ride, so lets not get to political or personal. Just ride :)

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2009, 11:29:29 AM »
Bottom line is We are all just a bunch of bone heads enjoying a sport that started in our childhood, whether it be in the dirt or street. Some of us take it more seriously than others, but is that such a bad thing? Let's not forget we are riding bikes not defending our countries borders or trying to solve the national defecit. It's all about the ride, so lets not get to political or personal. Just ride :)

+1
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.407 seconds with 24 queries.