[Yesterday at 09:19:15 PM] Scott: E

[Yesterday at 09:19:16 PM] Scott: P

[Yesterday at 09:19:16 PM] Scott: I

[Yesterday at 09:19:17 PM] Scott: C

[Yesterday at 09:19:49 PM] Scott: EPIC

[Yesterday at 09:19:55 PM] Scott: P

[Yesterday at 09:19:56 PM] Scott: I

[Yesterday at 09:19:58 PM] Scott: C

[Yesterday at 09:37:10 PM] billnye: I was going to say "ooh, a lounge" but instead I'll say "wtf, 'Lounge' AND 'General Discussion'?"

[Today at 01:19:31 AM] VELOMATT: homer 2 niner wake up

[Today at 01:30:22 AM] mmountainbiker: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Advanced search  

News:

Visit your Profile (Modify Profile section) or Ignore Boards section to exclude boards from showing in your "unread post" searches.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How bought a "Roadie/Tri" section?  (Read 451 times)

catman

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
Re: How bought a "Roadie/Tri" section?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 11:36:22 AM »
Catman, you are just as guilty as anyone involved man. The threads you started last week, and the comment you made in this thread, it's all to cause a problem. Giving a buddy a hard time is one thing, I think most of us can see the difference there.

I can see how you'd come to that conclusion but as guilty as anyone else, no way man. Guilty as some, yes. I have never taken it to extreme levels on this forum and never will. I will shoot you a follow up PM as I do respect your opinion.
Well, at least I'll have cool scars to show my grandkids.

Alan

• SWAMPer
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 02:28:06 PM »
GUYS..stay on friggin topic and take your issues with each other elsewhere. No need to pollute these threads with all this juvenile crap.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:31:17 PM by Alan »

Alan

• SWAMPer
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 02:43:07 PM »
Back on topic...I like the idea of a skinny tire forum. Lots of folks are into other cycling genres. A separate space makes it easier to share and search specific info. Just my two cents.

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Outside Sport/813 Racing
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2009, 02:49:13 PM »
Back on topic...I like the idea of a skinny tire forum. Lots of folks are into other cycling genres. A separate space makes it easier to share and search specific info. Just my two cents.

why stop there?  we can do a 29er section a FS section a SS section!!!!!!!!!

how about give every member their own section and then we can REEEEALLY split the forum up more!!!

<sarcasm off>
notice has been served - 813 racing is in the house

Gregg

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Crazed Bunny with limited traction on leaves.
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2009, 03:05:07 PM »

how about give every member their own section and then we can REEEEALLY split the forum up more!!!

<sarcasm off>

You apologized for your reaction and then you make a post like this,and wonder why.....?

Catman, you aren't any better, you are contrite in one post and and then smart ass in the next..

Truthfully you guys are all taking it all to far.

"You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire. Once the flame begins to catch, the wind will blow it higher"

If you have any question regarding any policies or problems on the message boards, please contact me via PM or by email at Konagregg at gmail.com

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2009, 03:08:32 PM »

<sarcasm off>

You apologized for your reaction and then you make a post like this,and wonder why.....?

Catman, you aren't any better, you are contrite in one post and and then smart ass in the next..

did you see the <sarcasm> thing i typed?  this means I do not agree with making more sections - I was using sarcasm to show how it is a bad idea.  there are how many sections in this forum that have under 200 posts TOTAL in them and contemplate, "do we need more sections?"

it is a no brainer...less sections with people getting along - what next...back to the old "no drifting" guidelines?

the original poster asked about our opinions and I gave mine - there is no need to apologize for giving an opinion when asked for it.

Gregg

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Crazed Bunny with limited traction on leaves.
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2009, 03:19:05 PM »

<sarcasm off>

did you see the <sarcasm> thing i typed?  this means I do not agree with making more sections - I was using sarcasm to show how it is a bad idea.  there are how many sections in this forum that have under 200 posts TOTAL in them and contemplate, "do we need more sections?"

it is a no brainer...less sections with people getting along - what next...back to the old "no drifting" guidelines?

the original poster asked about our opinions and I gave mine - there is no need to apologize for giving an opinion when asked for it.

Scroll back one page and read your apology. I didn't tell you to apologize.
"You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire. Once the flame begins to catch, the wind will blow it higher"

If you have any question regarding any policies or problems on the message boards, please contact me via PM or by email at Konagregg at gmail.com

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2009, 03:20:31 PM »
what does that have to do with the fact there are already too many sections - there are sections in the top 10 on this forum that don't have over 1000 posts total

Coach

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 06:20:31 PM »
Fe, you're right, my nutrition post went in the wrong section.  I apologize.  I don't see how me suggesting the possibility of adding "1" new section is so upsetting to some.  No one has suggested a 29er, FS, et al. sections.  My thought was that the roadie/tri folks would benefit from their own section.  I don't do either and don't control this forum, so it is not up to me to decide.  If the suggestion is deemed not worthy by the powers that be, then so be it.  I'll wake up tomorrow and still be slow  ;D
"No good deed goes unpunished" -Coach

slowfatguy

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 06:56:14 PM »
FE, dude, chill out man. You post more BS than anyone, but you are the first to jump anyone for posting in the wrong forum. Right now you are part of the problem, help out and become part of the solution. :)
Jason.
Garry says I get a trail building star!

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2009, 10:09:44 PM »
FE, dude, chill out man. You post more BS than anyone, but you are the first to jump anyone for posting in the wrong forum. Right now you are part of the problem, help out and become part of the solution. :)

I was being sarcastic with the "wrong forum" posts...it was to show that there are tons of non mountain bike related posts in the general forum all the time

I think there should be less sections

and when in the past 5 years there have been less than 50 total road or triathlon posts, does that really make sense to make a whole new section for something that is so infrequent?

BeerCan

• Global Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2009, 11:27:05 PM »
lets move this talk to the other thread about multiple forums.  locked
Pain is Temporary, Quitting is Forever
------------------------------------
If you have any question regarding any policies or problems on the message boards, please contact me via PM or by email infoATgovbtDOTcom
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.424 seconds with 26 queries.