SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 07:01:28 PM] bikehard: prolly a bit above my skill level

[Today at 07:01:37 PM] BillT: i think they have a bunch of different trails

[Today at 07:01:37 PM] bikehard: and I need a DH bike to ride there

[Today at 07:01:53 PM] BillT: i'm really looking forward to going out west next year

[Today at 07:02:32 PM] bikehard: how was ur new X7 performing?

[Today at 07:03:05 PM] BillT: ok...catman put it back together and it rode ok

[Today at 07:03:22 PM] bikehard: ? what is wrong with it

[Today at 07:03:26 PM] BillT: going to take it to the shop for a spoke replace, wheel true and have them tweak it

[Today at 07:03:47 PM] BillT: the cable routing is a bit different so my calble housing needs to be an inch shorter

[Today at 07:03:59 PM] BillT: and it was skipping in a couple of gears, but nothing that I couldn't compensate for

[Today at 07:06:05 PM] bikehard: take it to the shop?  why dont u fix it urself?

[Today at 07:23:04 PM] BillT: haha

Advanced search  

News:

Visit your Profile (Modify Profile section) or Ignore Boards section to exclude boards from showing in your "unread post" searches.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: howabout less sections and forums  (Read 298 times)

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Outside Sport/813 Racing
howabout less sections and forums
« on: August 25, 2009, 02:54:15 PM »
all you have to do is look at the stats and see what forums people post the most in:

have a general forum that is truly general

a race forum

a for sale

trail reports

welcome to swamp

bike talk

all the other little sub groups make it too crazy to navigate given how little traffic we actually get here

why make people hop all over the place for no reason?
notice has been served - 813 racing is in the house

BeerCan

• Global Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
Re: howabout less sections and forums
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 04:59:22 PM »
This is one of the things we are discussing.  It is taking some time because we only want to change things once, instead of constant chaos.
Pain is Temporary, Quitting is Forever
------------------------------------
If you have any question regarding any policies or problems on the message boards, please contact me via PM or by email infoATgovbtDOTcom

mmountainbiker

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
  • 2009 trek 8000
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 05:49:08 PM »
GENERAL DISCUSSION
WELCOME TO SWAMP
TECH TALK/EQUIPMENT
CRASHES AND ACCIDENTS
TRAIL CONDITIONS ALAFIA/BOTETTE/CROOM/MORRIS BRIDGE/OTHERS
TRAIL MAPS PDF
EVENTS
PHOTOS/VIDEOS
RACING
SKILL BUILDING
ROADIE
NUTRITION/TRAINING
FORSALE
W.A.F. !   who cares. If she don,t like it she can go live with her mother  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKIIxrUKxBg

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 10:07:12 PM »
I just find it funny people want a roadie section when in the total history of this forum there have probably been less than 30 total posts that have to do with road bikes.

I would understand the obsession with getting rid of these posts if it was something that even happened 100 times over the course of YEARS,

just sayin

luckynumber9

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 10:10:21 PM »
I'm all in favor of this.  However I don't think there should be a roadie forum.  roadie posts should just be deleted.  I come to the mountain bike forums to talk mountain bikes. 

ClintonRH

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 11:15:28 PM »
Strange, I come to the Swamp forum to talk to Swamp club members. I don't see why everything must be mountain bike related. People post here because they want to discuss things with their fellow club members. Many of these club members share interests outside of mountain bikes so I don't see why they shouldn't be able to talk here about those interests. I at least glance at every thread to get it off my unread posts screen but there are many I don't read intensively because I'm not interested. Doesn't bother me that they're there though.

chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 05:46:15 AM »
why do people hate roadies?? :o 

Scott

• SWAMPer
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 07:33:40 AM »
Road riding is a natual progression as you travel along the path of MTB nirvana, if I have to explain it to you , you would'nt understand any way :-*

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 08:55:18 AM »

why are people racists?

why do people have any prejudice?

I can't recall once hearing a roadie talk about "dirty mtbers" or what ever...it seems like a 1 way street of hatred.  I always find it sad when people hate or make fun of something that is different than them or what they do just because.  These types of behaviors are dangerous and do not breed good feelings or will toward fellow man.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all cyclists are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former roadies and the sons of former mountain bikers will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the SWAMP Forum, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my skinny tire cyclists will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the hairlessness skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Boyette and Alafia, with its muddy Free riders, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "ban the roadies" and "segrigate the forums" -- one day right there in the Swamp Forum little mountain biker boys and mountain biker girls will be able to join hands with little roadie boys and roadie girls as just plain cyclists.

I have a Dream

StonePony

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 09:43:41 AM »
A couple of forums I'm a member of have a separate forum called "The Lounge", which is where all the other stuff outside of the main charter of the forum typically gets discussed.  Might be something that could work here as well.  In the case of these other forums, it's where all the "hey, what's your favorite movie" threads, or member pictures get posted in.  Just a thought.

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 09:46:04 AM »
A couple of forums I'm a member of have a separate forum called "The Lounge", which is where all the other stuff outside of the main charter of the forum typically gets discussed.  Might be something that could work here as well.  In the case of these other forums, it's where all the "hey, what's your favorite movie" threads, or member pictures get posted in.  Just a thought.

that makes sense - that is sort of what we were using general for

BeerCan

• Global Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 10:04:53 AM »
Lounge is a good idea.  I toss it into the discussion in the mod forum -- thanks
Pain is Temporary, Quitting is Forever
------------------------------------
If you have any question regarding any policies or problems on the message boards, please contact me via PM or by email infoATgovbtDOTcom

mmountainbiker

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
  • 2009 trek 8000
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 03:55:14 PM »

why are people racists?

why do people have any prejudice?

I can't recall once hearing a roadie talk about "dirty mtbers" or what ever...it seems like a 1 way street of hatred.  I always find it sad when people hate or make fun of something that is different than them or what they do just because.  These types of behaviors are dangerous and do not breed good feelings or will toward fellow man.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all cyclists are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former roadies and the sons of former mountain bikers will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the SWAMP Forum, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my skinny tire cyclists will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the hairlessness skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Boyette and Alafia, with its muddy Free riders, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "ban the roadies" and "segrigate the forums" -- one day right there in the Swamp Forum little mountain biker boys and mountain biker girls will be able to join hands with little roadie boys and roadie girls as just plain cyclists.

I have a Dream
Have you ever been chased everyday home from school
Have you ever been refused a job that your qualified for
have you ever been refused housing because your non white, gay or some other percieved difference.

Please dont insult a man who died for a cause that helped white and non white people dream of being equal to snobby uppity people.
Until you have experienced racial discrimination to its ugly core please dont compare it to how mmountainbikers perceive roadies.
W.A.F. !   who cares. If she don,t like it she can go live with her mother  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKIIxrUKxBg

FACTORe

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 03:59:37 PM »
I am showing that this is exactly how prejudice starts...by hating something different than us or that we don't understand...it is the same thing on a much smaller scale

Have you ever been chased everyday home from school - yes
Have you ever been refused a job that your qualified for - many times
have you ever been refused housing because your non white, gay or some other percieved difference. - yes - because I am tattoo'd up I get followed around stores, refused housing and many other things

Stripes - Don't Call Me FrancisDQ

mmountainbiker

• SWAMPer
  • Amatuer Billy Goat
  • 2009 trek 8000
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »
Being a racist and people looking at you cause you look like a freak are 2 different things
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.378 seconds with 26 queries.