Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Volunteer with Trips For Kids Tampa!  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Chris K

• Trips For Kids Tampa
  • Amateur Billy Goat
    • TFK Tampa
Volunteer with Trips For Kids Tampa!
« on: August 30, 2009, 10:37:41 PM »
Hello SWAMPERS,
First I would like to thank all of you who have already donated your time, money, or old bikes to the Trips For Kids Tampa program.  I cant tell you how much we appreciate you!
We had our first ride a couple of weeks ago and it was an overwhelming success!  It is an amazing thing to see a group of kids experience mountain biking for the first time. We have a very busy schedule for rides in September and I hope some of you will come out and join us. 
Here is our Schedule for September:
Sunday September 13th-    Group: Pathfinders      Number of Kids: 10     Minumum Volunteers Needed: 5

Saturday September 19th-     Group: Academy Prep Center of Tampa      Number of Kids: 27     Minumum Volunteers Needed: 15     Special Comments:  This is a very large group and will require more bikes and helmets than we currently have.  If you have an extra bike or helmet you would consider loaning out for this ride please let me know.  We will clean and tune your bike before returning it to you. 

Saturday September 26th-     Group: Academy Prep Center of Tampa      Number of Kids: 19    Minumum Volunteers Needed: 10     Special Comments:  This is a very large group and will require more bikes and helmets than we currently have.  If you have an extra bike or helmet you would consider loaning out for this ride please let me know.  We will clean and tune your bike before returning it to you. 

All rides will be at Trout Creek Park from 10 am to 2 pm-- Volunteers should try and arrive by 9 am.  Please RSVP as soon as possible by emailing Chris Kiddy at tfktampa@yahoo.com
This is an opportunity to provide more than 50 inner city kids an opportunity to experience this great sport we all love. I hope to see some of you out there.

Accomodating such a  large number of kids on the two rides with the Academy Prep Center of Tampa is really going to be challenging for us. Please consider loaning out your extra bikes(13"-19" ).  Also talk to your friends and the people you ride with and see if they would be willing to help us out.  Please call or email me as soon as possible if you do have  an extra bike or helmet so I can start getting a tally of how many bikes we are going to need.   

Thank you,
Chris Kiddy
813-210-2013
tfktampa@yahoo.com
www.mtbyouthride.org
Trips For Kids Tampa- Mountain bike outings and educational opportunities for "at risk" kids www.mtbyouthride.org

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
Re: Volunteer with Trips For Kids Tampa!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 11:09:44 PM »
I will be at the Ride on the 19th, but will be in Tennessee on Vacation on the 26th...

Offline Chris K

• Trips For Kids Tampa
  • Amateur Billy Goat
    • TFK Tampa
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:14:00 PM »
Thanks Darrin.  Do you think we could uses Spencers's Bike for the ride on the 26th?
Trips For Kids Tampa- Mountain bike outings and educational opportunities for "at risk" kids www.mtbyouthride.org

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 11:17:12 PM »
We are riding in Tenn when we go here http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/chickasaw-trace.html, Sorry... 

Offline hcsorider

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 05:06:31 PM »
Chris i am trying to make it on the 19th. I also have the bike you can use for both rides. let me know if you need anything else.
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 11:35:45 AM »
I will probably help on the 19th, I will let you know.

Offline Chris K

• Trips For Kids Tampa
  • Amateur Billy Goat
    • TFK Tampa
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 12:19:01 PM »
Gregg,
It would be great if you  could make it to that ride.  I have to work and cant go and it is going to be a very large group.  It would really help to have someone with your experience there.

Offline Chris K

• Trips For Kids Tampa
  • Amateur Billy Goat
    • TFK Tampa
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 09:17:13 PM »
Gregg,

here is the link to the article about Trips For Kids in the Osprey Observer.  They used the picture with you.  I still laugh everytime I see it... you look so uncomfortable going that slow  ;D   
Also that kid that was talking the trash saying he could beat you....  I took him to Boyette last week, 4 miles in he had to stop because he was about to puke.  He kept talkin trash though... I think he has a future on this forum ;) 

http://app4.websitetonight.com/projects/1/3/1/6/1316026/uploads/tfktospreyobserver0909.pdf
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 09:22:45 PM by Chris K »

Advertisement: