SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 11:10:56 AM] FACTORe: I am at a stage where my fitness passed up my skill level

[Today at 11:13:31 AM] FACTORe: so I have the fitness to take the mtb corners and obsticles faster than my ability to ride that sort of stuff

[Today at 11:14:01 AM] FACTORe: so I have plateaud mtbing

[Today at 11:16:13 AM] Scott: you need to take the NI "U don't have to crash " class

[Today at 11:16:23 AM] Scott: LOL

[Today at 11:42:07 AM] FACTORe: I am teaching a new class - "you don't have to puke to ride 100 miles"

[Today at 11:44:04 AM] Scott: that will be very popular

[Today at 11:47:38 AM] FACTORe: I might be the best rider in the state at not puking while doing centuries

[Today at 11:48:15 AM] FACTORe: I always race my imagination and win without puking - FACTORe really impresses me some times

[Today at 11:50:31 AM] FACTORe: Scott - you are the first rider that inspired me to want to ride shirtless

[Today at 11:51:01 AM] FACTORe: FACTORe needs to work more on his amazing body a little more b4 I can ride shirtless though

[Today at 12:01:57 PM] Scott: I hate shirts

Advanced search  

News:

Please visit your forum Profile to edit the new fields!  Remember to add your Real Name so we can upgrade SWAMP members.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Riddle me this, Bikeman  (Read 545 times)

EllsRider

• SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Riddle me this, Bikeman
« on: January 31, 2007, 06:15:16 AM »
Me and the Orig. Ellsrider were having a conversation concerning important and meaningful issues and were wondering if there was a current county or state law that required bike lanes to be included in any new road projects, re-paving projects?  When they re-paved Balm-Wimauama rd. they included the bike lanes and were pontificating on how nice it would be if the Boyette roads could be done to include similar life saving  safety features. Anyone know the details on that?
" Not this time, Lance"

Ken

• Swampster
  • SWAMPer
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
Re: Riddle me this, Bikeman
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 06:49:30 AM »
I don't know about Hillsbourgh but I almost positive that in Pinellas that when they rebuild or build new roads they are required to put in bike lanes. I could be wrong though as my wife keeps reminding me!
                                      Ken
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Garry

• Global Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
Re: Riddle me this, Bikeman
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 08:09:27 AM »
I was under the impression that it was a State law, but I could also be wrong.  But here in St. Petersburg, (and I think Pinellas County), any new projects or redo's the bike lanes go in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 19 queries.