Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: FRIDAY EVENING RIDE @ BOYETTE  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Half Breed

• Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: 2004 GT iDrive 5
FRIDAY EVENING RIDE @ BOYETTE
« on: September 03, 2009, 11:53:15 PM »
All is welcome to come out. We will be riding EVERYTHING that is open in a complete circuit. Intermediate riders wishing to bypass more technical trails wil be guided past to the next meet spot (end of each trail). We will regroup often, so no one gets left behind. This is important so no one gets left out in the woods at night ALONE!! Trail route as follows:

SST
Loch Ness
Upper Loch Ness
Randy's Trail
Spiders Berm (lower)
Spiders Berm (upper)
Gator Pit
Golf Cart
Mt Boyette
Canyon

*Now Black Diamond runs*
N. Abyss
Half of S. Abyss
Pandamonium
S. Abyss
Big Drop

Spiders Berm (upper)
Randy's Trail
West Meadow
Baby Nessie
Inner Loch Ness
SST

Total Miles 12.3

Call Half Breed for more info 813-526-2029
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 05:08:54 PM by BeerCan »
So, which one of you ladies wants to see the recieve the next child support check??  :)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: **NOT APPROVED** FRIDAY EVENING RIDE @ BOYETTE
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 01:35:50 AM »
Just a little warning.  Hillsborough County Parks and Recreation needs to approve night rides at their Nature Preserve.  Swamp has secured this permission for Boyette once a month on the 3rd Friday of the month from 6:30/7:00 to 9:30 p.m.  Without permission it could be possible for the Sheriff to write tickets otherwise.  (It's possible to ride before dark sets in before the time change.)

All property owners, i.e. State (Alafia) or County (Boyette and Morris Bridge) need to sign off on night rides.  Additionally I do not think special permission is needed to ride Croom at night which is an awesome trail system to ride at night.

It was a lot of work to get permission to do these night rides.  SWAMP cannot approve the posting of
un-permitted night riding, which would be deemed illegal by the land managers, on it's forum and website. 

Sorry man, but we gotta' play by the rules.  We have a good relationship with the land managers that allow us a place to enjoy our sport that we are proud of over the years.

All is welcome to come out. We will be riding EVERYTHING that is open in a complete circuit. Intermediate riders wishing to bypass more technical trails wil be guided past to the next meet spot (end of each trail). We will regroup often, so no one gets left behind. This is important so no one gets left out in the woods at night ALONE!! Trail route as follows:

SST
Loch Ness
Upper Loch Ness
Randy's Trail
Spiders Berm (lower)
Spiders Berm (upper)
Gator Pit
Golf Cart
Mt Boyette
Canyon

*Now Black Diamond runs*
N. Abyss
Half of S. Abyss
Pandamonium
S. Abyss
Big Drop

Spiders Berm (upper)
Randy's Trail
West Meadow
Baby Nessie
Inner Loch Ness
SST

Total Miles 12.3

Call Half Breed for more info 813-526-2029
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 08:14:50 AM by KRUNNCHERO »

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 07:29:24 AM »
Garry, I thought they could arrest you for trespassing for things like this?

Just because it is a County park or preserve doesnt mean you can ride it whenever you want.... Just like closed trails.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 08:15:00 AM by KRUNNCHERO »

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 08:04:37 AM »
Do not ride the trails after dark. They are closed. Period.

Someone please either call his number and let him know this is a no-no, or someone refer the proper authorities to monitor the area and have some tickets given out. Either way, it is not SWAMP's position to ride trails after dark. You and your group have been warned.

Reason Locked: There is no need to respond to this thead with justification as to why you are riding after dark or whether you care that you have been warned. There is no room for response on this topic.

This thread is locked.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 08:15:09 AM by KRUNNCHERO »
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »
I moved this topic back to public.  I think the original post was misunderstood to be a call for a night ride.  We now see that is not the case.  As moderators we know we are not the trail police and we really did not intend to come off that way.  That being said it was the subsequent threads that caused the harsh moderation and removal of this thread from view.  I cannot stress how important it is not to recreate threads once they have been locked.  If you have a problem with thread locking or posting guidelines please send a pm to one of the moderators asking for clarification (or to plead your case). 

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 05:18:08 PM by BeerCan »
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline Half Breed

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 08:46:58 AM »
Do not ride the trails after dark. They are closed. Period.

Someone please either call his number and let him know this is a no-no, or someone refer the proper authorities to monitor the area and have some tickets given out. Either way, it is not SWAMP's position to ride trails after dark. You and your group have been warned.

Reason Locked: There is no need to respond to this thead with justification as to why you are riding after dark or whether you care that you have been warned. There is no room for response on this topic.

This thread is locked.

Now its unlocked....

And who are you anyway?  Play nice. Call the police??  Not a wise move, buddy.  Well maybe it is.  I'd like you to get the sheriff out @ 730, before dark, to give me a ticket.  I'll laugh at you all the way back to Brandon.....

How come after all of this, you still have yet to introduce yourself, apologize, SOMETHING!!!!  No need to man up on the boards but then not be a man when your wrong.....

holla at me
813-526-2029
So, which one of you ladies wants to see the recieve the next child support check??  :)

Offline Skinman

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: 08 FSR 29er
Re: FRIDAY EVENING RIDE @ BOYETTE
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 08:59:25 AM »
Mis-understanding.

Bikes are fun.

Lets ride.
"Dad, these pedals are terrifying!"

Offline Half Breed

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 09:05:44 AM »
Mis-understanding.

Bikes are fun.

Lets ride.

i agree

Offline BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 01:20:49 PM »
Group hug
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Kevan

• Assistant Wheel Spinner
  • Forum Moderator
  • Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: Cannondale Scalpel 29er
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 01:29:19 PM »
How many miles were you able to get in that night?  Did any of the heavy rains in the area impact the ride?

(I know Saturday's rains sure impacted the Sunday ride at Trout Creek.  We were all too muddy after to hug though)

carry on
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 01:33:14 PM by Kevan »
SWAMP Webmaster.  Have a question about SWAMP or the website?  Please contact me.

Advertisement: