Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: *ping* Art & Garry - North Creek Adoption  (Read 2256 times)

Offline kj

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Personal text?
  • My Bike: Vassago JabberWocky & Bandersnatch
*ping* Art & Garry - North Creek Adoption
« on: September 08, 2009, 07:48:58 AM »
Art & Garry,
It is with regret that I feel I must ask that someone else step up and adopt North Creek.  My professional life now calls on me to travel, spending a significant amount of time in other states and countries.

My residual free time must now go to the family to make up for the many evenings I'll be missing.

Thanks,
Kevin

Everyone else -  North Creek is a jewel at Alafia, someone please step up and adopt it.

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2016 Scott Genius 740
Re: *ping* Art & Garry - North Creek Adoption
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 07:58:57 AM »
Well, for what it is worth, I rode North Creek yesterday and it was primo. My buddy from a state where they have real mountains even said it was a really fun trail (right before he bonked and headed for the pavilion:-). The re-routes and repairs made for an enjoyable ride on a trail that we typically avoid.Great work kj!
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »
KJ,
Thanks for your time that you did give to the SWAMP Adopt-A-Trail Program.  Your efforts are greatly appreciated by all who ride your trail.  We hate to see you go, but certainly understand why and wish you all the best on your new duties.  The trails will be there when you can ride them, as we are always frying to find folks to help keep them that way.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Garry

Art & Garry,
It is with regret that I feel I must ask that someone else step up and adopt North Creek.  My professional life now calls on me to travel, spending a significant amount of time in other states and countries.

My residual free time must now go to the family to make up for the many evenings I'll be missing.

Thanks,
Kevin

Everyone else -  North Creek is a jewel at Alafia, someone please step up and adopt it.

Offline northbkr1

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 12:34:07 AM »
Hey KJ
 Thanks for everything you have done :) , you sure made it easy for me and you will be missed. Family and making money are much more important for sure. Thanks again for everything.
Art

Offline hcsorider

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 09:22:30 AM »
What is involved in the adopt a trail program. i am interested. i ride the trail all the time and would love to do this. let me know.
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME.

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 09:33:32 AM »
What is involved in the adopt a trail program. i am interested. i ride the trail all the time and would love to do this. let me know.

Garry or Art can answer this question better for you, but I'll try anyway.

Basically, you adopt the trail as yours.  You do light maintenance on it in your free time.  Light=trimming, clearing debris..etc.  This is something you do that may not get done on scheduled workdays.  And you report bigger problems/issues to the trail boss.  Keep track of your hours that you spend out there and report them as well.
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Offline hcsorider

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 10:28:41 AM »
I would like to adopt this trail then. Chriss Kiddy would like to go in on this with me as well.
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME.

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »
SWAMP Adopt-A-Trail Program:
Not everyone can make the scheduled workdays, so basically you take on the task of keeping the trail trimmed back on days and times that are available to you, throw trimmings well off the trail, clean up blow down and report to the Trail Boss of the trail system any bigger issues that need to be addressed on the scheduled work days.

This helps in a big way if enough folks adopt trails and keep them trimmed back, as this task can prove to be time consuming to trim all of the trails in a particular trail system, which takes away from time needed for bigger and more labor intensive projects on scheduled workdays.

Also keep track of your hours and report them to the Trail Boss so you get credit for them at the end of the year.

Look in the newsletter for which trails are available.  Not all trails in all parks are available as some have some sensitive issues.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 02:10:31 PM by Garry »

Offline hcsorider

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 04:53:36 PM »
Understand the trail maintaining part of it. Isn't North creek trail up for adoption...we would be interested in that trail if so.
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME.

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 05:47:54 PM »
Understand the trail maintaining part of it. Isn't North creek trail up for adoption...we would be interested in that trail if so.
Thanks Mike, I have you and Chris down for the new adopters of North Creek.  I also let Art know of the change.
Thanks for your help!
G

Offline Skinman

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: 08 FSR 29er
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 05:58:40 PM »
Good on ya, Chris and Mike
"Dad, these pedals are terrifying!"

Advertisement: